ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which is the better tyre

yeh the F1s on mytyres £59.30 allmost 30 quid more a corner f**k that

[Edited by Davehughes on 14 August 2005 at 7:37pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Davehughes on 14 August 2005

yeh the F1s on mytyres £59.30 allmost 30 quid more a corner f**k that

[Edited by Davehughes on 14 August 2005 at 7:37pm]
Well quote you on that when that £120 you saved comes in handy for repairing your car after its gone backwards through a hedge on the A539s ;) lol

Another alternative, VREDESTEIN SPORTRAC . I had them on my 172, the guy whos sold me them is a mate of mine so he wasnt BSing me reckons they are very good all rounders but the price is still good.

They were voted best tyre in what car magazine (or one of the mags anyway) for 2 years running, no other tyre has ever done that before!

[Edited by casiodan on 14 August 2005 at 8:34pm]

Yokohama A539The Thrill of Sure Cornering - High-rigidity blocks on the shoulder help the tyre to maintain its shape during cornering, thereby maintaining traction. On straight or through a corner, Yokohama Rubbers outstanding asymmetrical tread design delivers firm grip in the dry. Superior Grip in the Wet - The outstaning wet-surface performance of the A539 derives from a super-traction compound based on new Silica technology. Low Noise - The A539 sacrifices nothing in terms of "comfort", delivering all the performance of a sport tyre with the minimum of noise.

[Edited by Davehughes on 14 August 2005 at 8:34pm]

I loved my contis infact I think Im going to go back and get some more.

Lets agree though the worst tyres are toyo t1rs though. I cannot believe Ive got 6 of them.

The Jinx

The solution to the price issue is o order 195/50 15 size. Did this on my 02-dci and theyre fine to use. Get F1s, nothing else comes close, in any condtions.

As Mark said, the breakaway on them is very well telegraphed so youll know its going to go well before it actually does.