ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which new mobile to get ?

my contract runs out in two weeks & i'm getting a new phone, but which one ?
I have only ever had Nokia's (loads of them) I have a 6230 at the min, but i want some thing better now.

SE 750i - my choice.

Reasons: Dont like the look of the Nokia N70, bit of a pear shape. D600 looks ok but a bit bubly and girly. Also - screen is so asking to be scratched! (plus its looks a bit egg shaped when compared to the D500!)

But its all about what you feel happy with - you need to go have a play with all the phones and see what suits you best!!

clio 182 black /gold
ringo_mainpage_s1.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 190bhp Hybrid
Depends what you want and what you like from a mobile.

Motorola V3 RAZR is one of the neatest but they look good and don't work as well as others. Nokia 8800 is the latest bling phone but not that good. Ericsson phones are always good no matter which one you go for.

I have a 6230 & its ok, but i want some thing a bit better (every one sems to have that phone now & its been out for ayear or so)

It must have a camera, do video recording & the usual stuff.
it must be easy to use though ! as i'm a bit cr@p with technology !

I don't want a 6230i. My mate has the nokia 8800 & i like it but its heavy & i'd be worried about it getting nicked. He had the v3 & i liked it, but i don't really like flip phones.
now i'm confused !

Forgot to say i'm on 02, I have just looked at the W800 its quite smart, think i need a trip to the 02 shop now !

Clio 190bhp Hybrid
I'd wait a few days and get one of the new i-mode o2 phones, exclusive to o2 in the UK. NEC Flatfish model is going to be the daddy, even thinner than a V3 but not out till early next year.

Think there will just be 4 phones at launch (Samsung and NEC) but all the others will be doing phones shortly.

K750i or w800 are the best of the lot IMO!
Just take a look at the features, camera quality is excellent, MP3 playback is very good, Video recording is good and if you get nero re-incode you can make near DVD quality movies that fit on your memory stick (1gb card recommended for that!)

I'm prob going to have a play with the phones mentioned on sat,
what about the new nokia i heard mentioned on here the other day, iirc its the N7 ??
whens that out ?

CTR
Bumpy. Am also looking for a new mobile. Have had 6230 for the last year. Really want one with the features of the SE K750i (ie. 2MP digital camera and all the usual stuff) but ideally in a Nokia, as I have Nokia handsfree kit and there are always loads of Nokia chargers knocking around at work for when I inevitably forget to charge it.

Been looking around the net but can't see a Nokia that does what I want! None of them seem to have cameras over 1.3MP. Anyone know if any are out now, or due to be in the next couple of months?! Cheers

Stu.

Nokia N70, N90, N91 all have 2mp cameras, i have heard rumours the N70 will be out on Vodafone on 11th October but haven't been able to confirm this.

Nokia 6630 and 6680, smart phones, can run sat nav and loads of other programs and games, also the software is really easy to get hold of cos everyone has nokia`s and there easy to use, mp3 tones, mp4 movies, 1.3mp camera and 100mins video with the 32mb card that comes with them, down side is they are a little larger than other phones but hey you need a nice screen to watch movies on. Also good contracts with them on 3, try dial a phone, 7 months half price (£15) 500 mins anytime Xnet + 100 txt (1/2 price line rental by redemption, 12 month contract).

I sound like a friggin salesman