ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Grams springs? Opinions please.

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Car  172 Cup
Currently sorting out a few suspension issues and it got me thinking about springs. My car is a 172 Cup with standard dampers and I fitted a set of used Eibach Sportlines a few years ago. They are a bit worn and replaced the springs that came with the car which were non-genuine. I know that new OEM springs are unicorns so I looked at what's available now and Grams seem to have a pretty good rep. Looking at who supplies them I see that KAM Racing have two kinds in stock. One is the blue spring which is a replacement that lowers the car about 35mm (so I think 10mm more all round than my current Eibachs) and the other is an OEM matching set that restores the original ride height (which I like) but is at a much greater cost (£150 vs £319). I think I would prefer the OEM matching set as I like originality but the price is sadly too high. So, what is your take on the blue Grams springs and would you prefer these over another set of the Eibachs?


 
I had the blue grams on my ph1 (I think with standard shocks). The ride height was nice, not too low and the car felt planted and sharp. I swapped them out for b14s but I recall thinking they were better than the cooksports I had on other my other 172s.
 
Had the Grams on my Petrol Blue, drove well enough on the road and was decent on track but for pure road driving /commuting I preferred the Eibach Sportlines I had on my Arctic Blue.
 
I've had the blue Grams for about 5 years now, they're a massive improvement over whatever shite the previous owner fitted but they're still fairly stiff. Clearance over particularly aggressive speed bumps can be an issue but it's not a huge deal if you slow down enough
 
Had the Grams on my Petrol Blue, drove well enough on the road and was decent on track but for pure road driving /commuting I preferred the Eibach Sportlines I had on my Arctic Blue.
I would prefer the original look of the car but the Sportlines I have on look ok. And that’s a good point about normal road driving as I don’t go on track. Autodoc are currently doing them at just £144, if these are correct…

 
Back
Top