ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which one looks best??

Golf GTI 1.8T
What side repeaters from ebay would look best on my car, the clear one (no.1), the chrome backed clear one (no.2) or the other chrome one (no.3) or is there any nicer ones out there?
R-300.jpg

R-304.jpg

a2_1_b.jpg

those bottom ones have got nasty black surrounds on them - if your cars black then ok but if silver then I would not buy them. The middle ones I have had 2 different sets of and both leaked/misted up really badly so I have now resorted back to the original renault white ones which look like the top ones you listed. if anyone knows of any crystal clear lenses that dont leak please let me know - I think the problem is with the hole that you put the bulb holder into - they never fit as well as the original ones and feel loose and in my eyes this is where water vapour is getting in and misting them up but then on my last set I used insulation tape and silicon and still they misted up.

I've got number 3 and they're alright on a white car though they're not very bright at all due to the location of the bulb being recessed too far really - they're acceptable at night but can't see fook all of the light in the day LoL

Golf GTI 1.8T
Might go for no.2 then, what about some silicone to stop them leaking, anyone tried that?

ive also tried the ace parts ones - they also leaked - and I mentioned above I tried silicon, masking tape you name it - there are some LED ones on ebay I havent tried but they are the only other ones I can find.

Golf GTI 1.8T
How did they still leak if you used silicon all round them then? will have a look at the led ones but dont think I could trust there brightness in the daytime or the viewing angle.