ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which one should i go for??

S2 106 GTI
well didn't manage to look at the F1 on sat due to being rather busy :( but the guy said he hasnt had much interest - due to credit crunch! I was shopping in tesco sat evening and when I came back to my car, there parked behind me was a meggy R26! in liquid yellow!........recon its a sign??? ;) they do look the bizz,

Jamie - you recon its worth paying that little bit extra for the r26 instead of going for the older 225 F1, and the r27 clio is a no no?

Mini Cooper S sport
Is that a non-biased opinion? ;)

Now why would you think that? :eek:

wI was shopping in tesco sat evening and when I came back to my car, there parked behind me was a meggy R26! in liquid yellow!........recon its a sign??? ;) they do look the bizz,

Jamie - you recon its worth paying that little bit extra for the r26 instead of going for the older 225 F1, and the r27 clio is a no no?

Yes it's a sign!! Definitely get the R26 over the F1. R27s are lovely, so it's really down to which one you like the best.

S2 106 GTI
so the 225 F1 doesn't come with LSD. is it worth paying that couple of extra £s for the R26. What makes them that little more special? more limited edition?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300

if you got your heart set on another rs then the r26 is worth the extra over the f1 i mean the lsd is meant to be immense!
I have one fitted on my car now, and the way you can apply all the power to the road pretty much mid corner. It makes the alfa a whole different animal.
So from the reviews the r26's LSD will be much the same, more grip in the front tyres than your old cup despite having more power in the meg.
I wouldnt rule the r27 out though i recon its a better looker. It is much more exclusive. It lacks the power from 80 onwards though. The r26 is quite tuneable. And last time i looked the 2nd hand values of the r27 and r26 are about the same price??

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
so the 225 F1 doesn't come with LSD. is it worth paying that couple of extra £s for the R26. What makes them that little more special? more limited edition?

I have seen more r26's than f1's on the road. Not really sure of production numbers of either to be honest. I know you get a LE plaque with the r26 not sure with the f1.
The r26 has nicer seats imo and the LSD, you need to drive both.

White clique
R27 i reckon, rarer than the trophy with a nice choice of colours. The best all round clio ever in my opinion.

S2 106 GTI
well the tables have turned! :S I have been offered a 55 reg Clio trophy for my LCR! its done around the 45k mark 1 owner from new, totally standard, mint condition, haven't seen it but seen pics via email........oh what to do!!!!?????

clio 182
civic type-r with supercharger conversion!!! 300 bhp ish... that would sort the lack of torque!! :)

or big front mount on yours big turbo and a tweek on the map?!? i heard the vag 20v t good for 300 on standard internals!