ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which pad for poorboys?

Clio 172 Mk2
Aup all

Im about to order some poorboys ssr 2.5, does anyone know which sonus sfx pad would be best to apply this, the yellow or the white?? And which pad would then be best to apply some srp after, the white or blue??

I take it the sonus sfx pads are the best ones to go for with the pc, i currently use the das ones, are the sfx better?

106 GTi
SSR - White first, step up to the Yellow if need be.

SRP with White or Blue depending how much cut you wasn it to produce. If your following up the SSR 2.5 used on the cutting pad, I would use it on the polishing pad.

I have both the DAS and SFX pads, I use the SFX on weathered finishes, save the DAS ones for my own car.

Clio 172 Mk2
so if i order a white and blue one in that should see me right rich?? Have you had any experience with the ssr 2.5 by the way, does it break down nicely so i can straight to srp? thanks for your help

106 GTi
I always advise people to buy:

2 light cut, 2polishing and 2 finishing pads minimum. You may need to change polishes, get one dirty during the detail - you should always use a clean pad per product.

Used SSR 2.5 loads, as long as you work it long enough it breaks down to a wax ready even on Black. Following it up with a finishing polish will always add extra gloss though.