ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which sub?

V70 d5 beast
well those are the ones on ebay i've found and the top 2 seem good as in for good bass, but do i go for like higher db like 92/96 with more watts, and for deep bass is a bigger magnet better? as the spl one looks good but the db is 89?

J

jamesy

id go for the aw1205 out of what you have shown us there fella audiobahn make some very good subs and thats one of them i think thats the one that has a 2" excursion in each direction a couple of the other's just look like cheapo rubbish but who knows they may be good with a decent box and a good power supply forget about jl overpriced and overrated;)

Civic Type -R FN2
there is a JL audio sub in the forsale section that you wouldnt regret buying i have 2 and the sound quality is the best ive heard from a sub

J

jamesy

there is a JL audio sub in the forsale section that you wouldnt regret buying i have 2 and the sound quality is the best ive heard from a sub

dude you need to turn your ear to focal also that sub your looking at fella is good for sq or a bass orientated setup but it wont have a plastic coil maybe former but not coil;)

V70 d5 beast
i was gonna go for that sub but forgot to check when it ended as it went for £47 doh seemed pretty gd, see how far i can stretch my wallet, i do really like those audiobahns, and that spl one is nice but whats the write up on those?

J

jamesy

fella are you just wanting the one sub if so what size and do you already have a box?

V70 d5 beast
yea i just want one sub to replace my broken one,
i want a 12 inch
yes i already have a box and will cut a bit out to fit the 12 inch, the box is big enough for a 12 as i made sure it was when i made it.

BG182®
if your after some subs m8 i got two 12'' jbl subs at 1200watts. sound awsome and in surperb condition aswell. been sitting in my garage for months nows. im open to offers? might make a post for the sale of them in a mo as it gooooes.

V70 d5 beast
well i would go for it mate but i dunno what there like, i've heard there not that good but i've only read that,,,,,

J

jamesy

is the box vented or sealed and whats the tuning frequency and volume to know this would help you make the right choice;)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i have an infinity audio 12" sub with jbl amp if u want fuckin serious bass which can be turned down for subtle bass open to offers i cant remember what sub it is as its in the box but can open it up cost £300 brand new

V70 d5 beast
the box is sealed,
ummm not sure on the volume? it's big

it's 45cm the width from side to side,
38cm top to bottom,
37cm is the from back to front at the bottom,
and it's 19cm from front to back at the top,

oh yea i do want serious bass lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i paid 300 for it, ill see what sub it is coz ill have to open box but it is awesome, the wiring kit u wont need but the sub is good, i need boot space in clio and in old car i had space

V70 d5 beast
ok i'll wait to hear form ya, but i still may go for 1 or 2 on ebay atm, but will see what happens,

J

jamesy

what's the thickness of the wood it sounds roughtly like 1 cuft which would be tuned to around 60hz but ill stick the dimensions into my program and work out the exact internal volume then ill suggest a sub but its going to be hard to be loud at real low down streetbass frequencies without porting it i take it thats the kind of bass your after?

V70 d5 beast
the wood is 3/4 of an inch,
i would like it real low bass but doesn't matter too much as it will have plenty of bass anyway i reckon,
i could port it but whats the advantages of porting over sealed?