ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which tyres are better?

2003 Clio 1.2 16v 172 rep
I'm looking to get a couple of tyres for my car but i'm not sure which ones to get.

I've got Yokohama A539's on at the moment.
Not sure whether to get the smae one or to go to a different make. I don't rate the Yokohama's in the wet, a bit slippery.

Which are better:
Falken FK-452
or
Toyo Proxes T1-s

The Falkens are about £110 for 2 and the toyo's are about £115 for the two.
Any body used any of these tyres, or what others would you recommend?

Chocolate Bar™
I'd go for neither, i'd go for goodyear eagle F1 for a similar price off black circles/ mytyres

Not a Clio anymore.....
Both the A539's and Toyos are rubbish in the wet. I've had both, wouldn't touch either of them again.

Eagle F1's are pretty good, Uniroyal Rainsports, Dunlop SP's...

Got Hankook ventus on at the moment and they are ok and heard good things about Vredesteins.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yoko's are s**t in the wet, the worst tyre i've ever bought.

Falkens were good on my '3i, but that had about 90hp....

Toyo's on my mates car were poo and lasted no time whatsoever!

Eagle F1's for me all the way!

Forgot to say that they're for 17inch rims if that makes any difference.
There's a £54 difference between a pair of falkens and a pair of goodyear f1's that's the only thing.
I mean, they're only going on a 1.2 16v so may not notice the difference.
Just wondered if anyone had used the Falkens fk-452's before. They're had goos reviews

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^^ are you being sarcastic chris?! hope not i've just bought 4!!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Falcons Are Terrible, Writing In Caps Coz There s**t Andi Had Them When I Bought The Car No Grip In Wet,flimsy And s**t Just Search Thru Posts But Dnt Gget Falcons

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
no i bought the R's!

just waiting to get them fitted when ive sorted my turbines out!!
a lot of people have said the R's are crap!

Falcons Are Terrible, Writing In Caps Coz There s**t Andi Had Them When I Bought The Car No Grip In Wet,flimsy And s**t Just Search Thru Posts But Dnt Gget Falcons

Was it the Falken FK-452 that you had on?
Just thought that they were supposed to be good

RS Clio 200
the R's are the superseeder (is that a real word) to the S's mate.
compound is the same i think, just they have a different tread design at the sides as far as i remember.

T1R's will be fine.....but when they die get the GSD3's

RS Clio 200
Ive always found the T1R's to be good fun in the wet too... but then i really should have bought a RWD car.... hmmm SUpra next me thinks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Can't comment on the Falkens , never tried them . I've had both toyo t1-s's and t1-r's , both shite in the wet , you couldn't even give me toyos .

CTR--VX220D
I have had them on both my VX and 172 track ****.

They are well sought after by all VX220 owners who dont want R888's or A048's who have upgraded their rims to Speedlines [like me].

I went out in my VX with other exige/elise owners in the middle of January in pissing down rain - and the VX was very good, stuck right on the Exige, and we were really pushing it..... so all the talk about T1-R's in the wet are bullsh1t. I might even stick them on my Civic Type R [currently got Pots]

So guys try before you buy ;)