ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whistling when over 30mph

monaco 172
Anybody else get this in a 182?

Im fairly sure its something to do with the way air is hitting the car around the wing mirror or something?

Only does it when i get above 30mph, its not engine related as it still does it if i take it out of gear.

Clio 182
30mph? mine doesnt start until im around 4k in 3rd gear and over.

cover them up to see if it is them though?

Focus RS + S3
mine does this, put my hand over the drivers mirror whilst driving and its stops. not too bothered now i know what it is :)

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I get this too.

I was paranoid thinking it was a wheel bearing. Mike at Rentech "diagnosed" the wing mirror, Fold in your driver wing mirror...see if it does it then.

The strip around the windscreen is the normal culprit where it starts to come away.

Mine does it, normally after its been cleaned i manage to move the screen trim in the top left hand corner. Push it back and its gone again.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
its under the wing mirror, ul feel a hole, its just the wind making the whistle, i was paranoid for months before realising what it was, some one prev on here said put silicone in it to stop it

S4 Avant
Windscreen wipers are another thing to check.

My flat wipers don't quite make contact with the glass at one edge. Air going under the gap makes a lovely whistle while im driving along.