ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White cars...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Just been thinking, with all of the white car rush recently, is this not going to be the most common car colour pretty soon?!

If they do a 197 cup in any other colour but white then surely these will be so rare in a few years time? I reckon they will loose the exclusivity, much like a liquid yellow clio/megane will with anybody buying them.
Also just looking in other marques and there is the white R8 and RS4, seems to be going so overkill recently...

Suppose it's not a bad thing overall, but means the cars will be that bit less special in 3 years time compared to something like a Liquid 182?

Just me who thinks this?!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I was secretly thinking this, as much as the 192 looks sex wee i think i'd go for the racing blue.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
white is a japanese thing... always has been and always will be its the japanese colour i love white japanese cars... diff countries cars in white look a bit van'ish

white is a japanese thing... always has been and always will be its the japanese colour i love white japanese cars... diff countries cars in white look a bit van'ish
yeah, really liked the old shape ctr with the cf bonnet, and the integras

It's just car companies cashing in on a trend that won't last for long. To be fair Renault have been a bit behind and RS customers have been crying out for this for ages. There are lots of white cars available at the minute with manufacturers like Seat, Lotus, Vauxhall and a few others seems Renault have just caught on.

White was a popular colour years ago. Nothing better than a BMW in Alpina White.

I still can't see the 197 cup in White being a huge seller. There are a group of hardcore enthusiast who will go for it but most people will go for the safe options I think. Personally I think it looks spot on apart from the unpainted side strips and mirrors. I know it's meant to look like the cup racers and that might appeal to the people who would go for White but it's a road car and I think it would look much better totally colour coded.

RB 182 Cup
1997-Honda-Civic-Type-R-in-Championship-White-photo.jpg

white_civic%20type-r.jpg

dc2001.jpg

the-2001-integra-type-r.jpg

most new white cars look great!!

i would never own on though

someone in yeovil has a white 57 ibiza cupra/fr thing....soooo nice

williams 2
white cars = p**n!!

It is the colour for 08 i think, nearly changed the williams for white but then went against it for oridginality! Back to good old 449 :)

B

Brown.

Audi are really pimping white at the mo...i cant help thinking they look alittle cheap in white... awesome in pics but in life....little dissapointing once the air touches them spose the lights gotta be white...i mean right

Lotus Elise 111R
I still can't see the 197 cup in White being a huge seller. There are a group of hardcore enthusiast who will go for it but most people will go for the safe options I think. Personally I think it looks spot on apart from the unpainted side strips and mirrors. I know it's meant to look like the cup racers and that might appeal to the people who would go for White but it's a road car and I think it would look much better totally colour coded.

Could'nt agree more! I bet the real reason is cost saving, on in renault speak "weight saving"

I'm not knocking Renault I do love them very much, but it does scream a bit of cheapness, given that a few years back, lesser models in ranges from all manufacturers were presented like this, and now they have realsied that they can colourcode side strips at barely any extra cost and so provide to most instead of the few higher end models.