ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White gearbox selector bush

2003 Clio 172
Righto, Clio project is still progressing and while I do still have some hesitancy issues (to be picked up with a parts swap with a fellow board member) my attention has been turned to my gearbox.

It is quite simply, pishing oil and yes, I know that is common. I have a gearbox refurb exercise to happen in the spring/summer (hope it makes it that far) and if it is the common seal fault then that will hopefully be addressed then.

However, I had a real good clean of the underside of the car (pressure wash/degrease and well dried with air kind of thing) and after leaving it overnight...............I am almost 100% sure that I have oil leaking from the little white 2 piece bush that holds the selector linkage.

I know it has been said that this just sits into a recess and is only a bush but is there absolutely no possibility that this can leak in any variant of the JC5 box?

i mean, the underside of the box is now bone dry apart from that bush which is saturated in oil, dripping actually.

The car has not been driven so i know the oil hasn't been blown from another location and the area that is supposed to leak (the bellowed selector arm) is still dry. I also cannot see anywhere above the bush that could have leaked into it etc. I literally cannot see how it is not leaking if you know what I mean.

Talk to me guys, I am confused/concerned in equal measure.

J

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
There's no hole above the bush, it's just a recess that it sits in.

No chance it is leaking from there, probably just left over oil that's escaped from inside the bush after the clean.

2003 Clio 172
So if i throw the head up and pull it out to have a nosey I wont have a soggy garage floor?