ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB on standard suspension set up

Nissan 350Z
Just wondering about this for the future. I have a Phase 1 Clio 172 and I'm pretty happy with the ride and handling of the car, but thats not to say it can't be improved.

My car is pretty much 100% a road car, so the suspension travel is welcome for the bumpy roads I go on. It is hilarious to watch people in decked cars trailing behind in a cloud of sparks and panic because their car is totally unsuitable for the road. For this reason, I'm unwilling even to entertain any kind of lowering. Renault got it right.

I really only have 2 criticisms of the handling, if you can call it such. Rear end stability under hard braking (which seems to be a Clio trait) and low speed understeer.

I'm wondering if anyone has fitted an ARB to a standard road car and what improvements should be expected. I've done a lot of searching, but I have failed to find anyone who has actually fitted one to a totally standard car.

So, its a long shot, but I'll ask anyway! :p

Rear ARB really reduces the low speed understeer

I had one fitted to mine when it was on standard shocks and eibach springs - made a massive difference. The car was a lot more fun

Get it done :)

107 Track Car & C4
Same as Cup_Phil, Mine is just on Eibach's and it made a huge difference. Get one!

Also there is a set of Eibachs (I think the proline ones) that doesn't actually lower the car - so if you want to firm the ride up and stop it rolling a bit - go for them

I did the nurburgring in mine with Eibach sportlines and a whiteline ARB - it was awesome! :D

Nissan 350Z
Cheers :D

Think it'll be the first thing to do when I finish paying off the essential repairs it needed. That, and a remap (I see another thread coming).

225 Cup & Williams
As mentioned above I also had Eibach sportline springs and a Whiteline arb along with brand new 172 cup shocks on my ph1 172 and it was an excellent setup for the road. Sold it before I got the chance to try it out on track which I was disappointed about.