ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who Will Win

Me mate has just got a Beemer totally standard its a 316i compact, wot do you rekon me luck will be when racing him form a standard start and if rolling

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

you... arent they 1.6 engined. well underpowered for the car.

I kept with a new 328 without any problems..

yer well i am talking about my standard 1.6 16v soon to b treated to a set of 17s and lowered , so u rekon i will do him

I had an E36 328i go for it off the lights next to me a few weeks ago. Both of us were being really cautious and didnt go for it right away - we both crept off the line and then simultaneously gave it more and more power in 1st. By the end of 2nd gear I had pulled a car on him, but slowed as the limit was only 40. I doubt that performance would be repeated at high speed/low revs in a Valver (tuned or not).

I would be surprised if a Mk2 1.6 16v couldnt shake off a BMW 316i. The E36 (including the compact) were powered by a wheezy 1.9 8v offering in the region of 110bhp. Even the newest 1.6 16vs dont make much more power in their even heavier bodies. I have very little time for 316/318s - but they go progressively up in my estimation as the engines get bigger. Theres no doubt that a E36 323/5/8i or E46 330i is home to a fine engine (and probably a t**ser in the drivers seat). 90% of the most crazed, dangerous and plain stupid drivers I see are at the wheel of a BM.

Ull beat him convicingly. I reckon a 1.2 16v would give him a race and a 1.4 would beat it. If its the ti he might give u a race but youll still win. The newer 318 give me a good race but the older ones seem slower(new been new plates 51 e.t.c). Came up against a diesel once and i reckon it had the edge on me (320d). Other then all rest seem to convincingly beat me-well the others that ive gone against.

316 is very underpowered.

I bet when you race him youll be like "is he trying" and hell have his pedal to the floor.

Audi S3

my dad has a 318is coupe and he knows that he wouldent even stand a chance in a race against me but BMWs are sooo smoth and comfotable still nice just a diff clas of car!

GR7

Shiny red R32

I reckon you could beat him in a 1.2 CLio!! Bet you wouldnt beat our Beemer - its engine is exactly twice the size of the 316!! ;) BMWs are class - so sturdy and solid against the flimsy Clio.

Girlracer have some pride with the the clio-u say flimsy i say character.

I reckon you could be right with m3 beating the 1.2

BMWs..........!!......they call em "clittys" in swindon...............coz every c**ts got one !!!......(only applies to swindon owners girlracer !!!!)....could be somthing to do with BMW rippin off the british people ....(i.e buying rover & keepin the best bits & throwing the rest away).....they kept the swindon pressing plant.....so now nearly everyone who works their owns a BMW......which i reckon wont be good for re-sale values of BMWs in swindon in a few years time !!!!

i think years ago BMWs were seen as class....but now anyone can afford one & its lost its image !!

Mercs are going the same way !!

Ben... The 328 is a 2.8 litre 24 V with VVT and 190 Bhp...

They can do 0-60 in just under 8 (bout the same as the valver) but would be likely to pull away at higer speeds... Though they are limited to 155mph! Ha ha

badboy_mc the 316i is infact a 1.8! but only puts down 0-60 times of bout 10.5...

Williams 3

Depends on which 328 u r talking about - if its the newest (0 - 60 in 6.5) wit 193 bhp, then no valver will beat it on either accelleration or mid range. I chose and test drove me mums coz it was faster than mine, jus b4 the 330 came out!