ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whos had a play with a ctr

No more clio's for me!
My mates got one, had a go as a passenger only, spent half the time with my head stuck to the back of the seat! lol

Nice motors!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
172 cup with Magnex stayed with it std CTR to 1** and from 30-70 gained car length...after 130 the CTR will pull a little.

172cup
my mate bought one not too long ago... i thrashed him left right and centre when he got it at first.

However, once he got used to throwing it around... it was a lot more difficult to pass him. Nothin it it, and i mean nothing.

I have had a play with one or two others... but the drivers tend to only wanna put thier foot down on straights, which anyone can do. On the twisties i've just left them behind

182cup/D40/Hornet
Gained on a TT225,from a r/about and up hill though(would have got past if the road was abit longer);)
never 'played with a ctr'

Meg 225 with cup packs.
bartebk said:
Gained on a TT225,from a r/about and up hill though(would have got past if the road was abit longer);)
never 'played with a ctr'

That was in the Astra as well.:approve:

182cup/D40/Hornet
Lol,To Right with my lass driven the bairn in the back and the shopping in the boot!!!;)

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
Drag raced my mate at York last year 4 times (me - ph1 172 Sport / him CTR) both with same mods filter / exhaust. He beat me each time but only by a cars lenght if that. Level to about half track then he pulled away slighty.

One run I did against another car was as quick as his best run against me though. Basically nothing in it low down but they have six gears so will pull away later on.

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
I had a couple of tussles with CTRs in my PH1 172 and to be honest there is feck all in it. Different gearing means whenI have power I pull on them and when they have power vice versa.
Would be interested to race one at Santa Pod however I did beat and ITR at the pod in January by 0.08 of a sec.

At the end of the day I would say there is shite all in it tbh

Rob

I've only played with two so far. The first the driver was crap and second only today was not really a race as was held up on the motorway but showed I could easy keep up.

I've played with faster than CTR though. Nice cars!

RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup
my mate has a astra mk4 GSI and he beat a type r 4 times and i can stay nxt 2 him till 90 then he pulls out a gap!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nothing in it, had a few tussles, even stevens untill 3 figures, isn't it weird whan you go for a blast against one.... as they are 6 speed, they have short ratios, and i kept hearing him shifting, it made me want to change up! but realised i had another 2k to go

also had a tussle with an old school vtec cx, and an import teg last night.

evens with the teg, crx was latered

williams and trophy
only raced 1 350z......some tuned thing ,nismo brakes...only ran it up the 1/4 like...but panned him

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
2 live said:
only raced 1 350z......some tuned thing ,nismo brakes...only ran it up the 1/4 like...but panned him

lol that was what I based my judgement of 350z's on lol panned indeed! I expect they are a bit better top end....still pretty crap for 270 bhp IMO

Black 182 f&f
My mates has a ctr an he think he can blow me easy but once i get to know my car i will give it a wee blast against him as have only had it a week lol my other mate has an astra gsi turbo he want to see whats in it with the clio 2 !

Went out one night in my cup with 5 CTR's nothing in up to speeds where you might just hold onto your license. Went against A CTR in my CTS and the CTR had the edge but this was at speeds where license loss would be immediate!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Biffons_Bridge said:
yep i think sooo;)

thought that but then there 100bhp for early ones and summit like 130 for later ones so cant me close to the CTR:S

Well maybe a CTR with a certain burning part.... haha

Ad

MK2 FRS
Biffons_Bridge said:
hahaha yeah prob....

i used to paste cts's in my zr like.....back in the day:)

Well yeah mate.... the ZR is a minter that you had/have. The CTS is nothing to get excited about.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
ive owned a 172 182 and ctr and foudn the ctr quicker through and through. not by alot, but defo quicker imo. i do prefer the 182 on corners though, bit easier to drive quickly. i ran 0.4 secs quicker at pod aswell, in simlar conditions :)