ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whos had a play with a ctr

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Never had the opportunity to race one...Wouldn't mind though.

I did have one sat behind me at traffic lights and i gave it beans, but he didn't give it full...he must of been worried ;)

Tyson.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
I've had a little play with a CTR, only along a shortish straight bit of road. The road goes from a single lane to a two lane for a short stretch. I was about to pull out to overtake the stragglers and this CTR comes past me, thought it was a bit rude so booted it and stuck to his tail upto the speed limit, really nothing in it.
More of a suprise to me was the Scooby WRX that done the same thing to me i was very suprised when i had to back off on the way to the speed limit. Yes they we're both trying btw. I'd just like to add i very rarely do this sort of thing, they we're both in a moment of annoyance.:eek:

Ad

MK2 FRS
yeah there really isnt much in it, me and ad (biffons bridge) were neck and neck to legal limits.

When We had a play on private land, it was a different matter at 90+

RenaultSport Clio 182
I have been on a track against a couple of CTRs and thrashed both of them in my FF182. Between 0 and 80/90mph ish they are very similar, a lot depends on reactions. Admittedly, over these speeds the CTR will pull away marginally. Also mid-range acceleration is very similar due to the greater torque of the 182.

Overall I think there is nothing really between them, but on a track the 182 should win most times with a decent driver.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Interesting as I think the CTR has a better time on the Fifth gear track, but i maybe wrong.

Trackdays are difficult to judge as driver expierence etc plays abig part, although granted i would expect the clio to have the edge handling wise.

clio 182 black /gold
I have driven a CTR and i thought it was about the same as the clio, the only difference was i did not roll about in the seat in the CTR on the bends.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Yeah your right it does go down to driver experience/ability. If I remember the CTR has a better time by about 0.2s but Tiff Needell buggered up the last corner!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i rinsed one last weekend, upto 100, there was nowt in it, and i was 2 up - he was on his own