ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do...

RenaultSport 197
Some cars have their headlights crossed out with black tape when on track days etc? (see below)

205%20Stage%202.jpg

cm2.jpg

Is it a safety thing?

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
like they used to do in the war, or so I have seen in films, dads army and things like,

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i think most tracks require you to do it so if htey smash glass wont go all over the track

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
yeah its so the glass doesnt fall out if it breaks?! but surely when glass breaks u get big bits and small bits? now the only way i can think u wont get any falling out is to cover the WHOLE lens??

RenaultSport 197
^ Unless it's really hard work, I would simply take both front lights out anyway - at least that way you get more cold air into the engine lol.

RenaultSport 197
like they used to do in the war, or so I have seen in films, dads army and things like,

Yeah but wasn't that to minimise light so they didn't get bombed by the Germans? :eek:

Aye, the government brought in a 'War Law' so to speak that was basically any car on the road had to have a light cover to dip the beam further on the road and to cut out most of the light. Basically so German bomber's couldn't find road's to use as directions for bombing. :approve:

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
is it road legal to have tape on the lights because i always see a car on the road near to where i live with tape on its lights