ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is it ....

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
that its cheaper 2insure the 197 over my 182? 3 years drivin,with 1 claim ? :eek:

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
It’s the same for me and my Corsa VXR. I’m paying about £100 less a year now. Think its because of all the safety stuff. (as said above) better breaks, alarm etc etc. seem odd to me when my Clio 172 was worth £3000, then I changed for a new car retailing at £15K ish and it went down!

cock mobile.
Less Chav's own them, I bet the insurance rises on them in a few years when they are at current 182 prices and every Chav has written one off.

Lee

BMW M2C
It's a group lower than a 182 and two lower than a Trophy. Plus it's probably got better security.

My insurance on the Cup is the cheapest I've paid for insurance in 14 years!!! It's around £100 less than the Trophy would have been this year.

cock mobile.
I just did a very quick quote with Elephant on a 197 Cup and it's over £200 more than my current insurance!!

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
The 172 and 182 have a bit of a reputation! Lol they don't suffer fools and a lot get crashed by people doing foolish things. The 197 hasn't got that reputation yet, and as people say they've got more safety and security kit so attract a lower risk loading.
I remember when I changed from a 650cc 50bhp single cylinder BMW to a 600cc 95bhp Honda Hornet 600... the premium went down by about 90 quid. Bizarre! Don't complain though... ;)

Black R27+08 Swift Sport
Same with me mate went down from my 04 182 to my new R27, just another good point of the 197 over the old one!

Lee

BMW M2C
I just did a very quick quote with Elephant on a 197 Cup and it's over £200 more than my current insurance!!

you're a boy racer.... weird how it's more for a car that's an insurance group less!

I gave up trying to understand why insurance groups exist a while ago. They charge what they like. If they're overly expensive they'll say it's a car they don't like that year, but the following year it may be loads cheaper! Insurance companies are just full of s**t. lol

What's the point of insurance groups? They certainly don't give us, the buyer, any guide as to what we might end up paying, and with quotes varying such huge amounts they obviously don't mean much to the insurance companies.

Hope you had a nice day round Brum mate. lol

Golf R
you're a boy racer.... weird how it's more for a car that's an insurance group less!

I gave up trying to understand why insurance groups exist a while ago. They charge what they like. If they're overly expensive they'll say it's a car they don't like that year, but the following year it may be loads cheaper! Insurance companies are just full of s**t. lol

What's the point of insurance groups? They certainly don't give us, the buyer, any guide as to what we might end up paying, and with quotes varying such huge amounts they obviously don't mean much to the insurance companies.

Hope you had a nice day round Brum mate. lol

yeah i know what you mean... insurance companies make the rules up as they go along :mad:

yeah brum was alright... tomtom took us on some nice routes round the city tho!

Mini Cooper S sport
Out of interest, what have people found when they've gone from a 182 to an R26? I'm guessing Meggy's a bit more expensive as it's going from Group 16 > 17

Better security features and better driver aids mean less likelyhood of a claim. Also 1*2s have a crappy claims history so insurance companies expect more claims from them..

Insurance is a regulated but complicated business, I love the way that some people just see it as a tax and figure that companies just "make the rules up as they go along"..