ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is my arse dirty

Why is it that the arse end of my 182 gets so filthy.

I could understand the front, and even the sides. But the back ?

It defies logic. Anyone else finding the same?

Lee

BMW M2C

The difference in air pressure behind the car sucks the sh*t up off the road when travelling at speed.

Thats the none scientific version. lol

nope, quite easy, when driving you lift the crap off the floor, therefore throwing it up behind the car, the slipstream drags the dirt to back of the car, et voila

quite simple ;)

Yaris Hybrid

Definitely the weird aerodynamics that go on behind the car. The 182 is by far the worse car I have had for it, worse than a 1.2 by miles, dunno if its something to do with that weird shaped Cup pack spoiler?

Go along the dual carriageway in the rain and it looks like someone is spraying your rear window with a hose. Plus you can see the condensation from the exhausts being pulled up and swirling around the rear window too.

I also find unlike any other car I have owned (with discs all round), the Clio is the only one where the rear wheels get miles dirtier than the fronts.

Strange strange car.

*sigh*

I guess im destined to wash my car all the time.

Although I will say since using NXT wax it seems to stay a bit cleaner for longer. But this might just be my imagination.

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 22 February 2005

why bother washing it? looks betetr dirty, proper rally sl*g style :D
Thats hte theory im working on....getting t the point where i cant read my numberplate again :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 22 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 22 February 2005why bother washing it? looks betetr dirty, proper rally sl*g style :D[/QUOTE]Thats hte theory im working on....getting t the point where i cant read my numberplate again :oops:

:D

its ok the police already know its n880 e** as i still havent given them my licence for my speeding offence all that time ago lol

Thats hte theory im working on....getting t the point where i cant read my numberplate again :oops:

its ok the police already know its n880 e** as i still havent given them my licence for my speeding offence all that time ago lol

LOL....*goes and swaps to show plates*

ITB'd 172 POPTART

How long has it been since u got busted and asked to produce?

was caught back in june, paid my fnie, never submitted my licence :oops:

checked with DVLA, licence hasnt been revoked, so im still legally allowed to drive on my licence

Any car with a fairly square back will get dirty very quickly. My parents old Volvo estates used to get particularly filthy on the back.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 22 February 2005
I also find unlike any other car I have owned (with discs all round), the Clio is the only one where the rear wheels get miles dirtier than the fronts.

One of my old 306s did that.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 22 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 22 February 2005I also find unlike any other car I have owned (with discs all round), the Clio is the only one where the rear wheels get miles dirtier than the fronts.

One of my old 306s did that.

Funny you should say that, the rears on my GTi-6 used to get dirtier than the fronts.

black golf v6 4 motion

my meg 225 is a right b**ch for that, also when putting foot down "accelerating hard" the windows steam up good and proper

The back on the mk1s arent too bad in relation to the sides, its th vertical bits, ie bumper and bonnem of boot that get it bad

Clio 197

Yup... It get dirty alright!

Not as bad as my 225 used to be, but still bizarre considering I have five forward gears!

Ziel Nurburgring

Yup, seems to be a poor design on the car. Youd have thought they would have noticed it in the wind tunnels

One thing I noticed: the back of mine doesnt get as dirty when Ive got my bike rack and bike on the back of the car - they must upset the air flow and stop the dirt being sucked in towards the back window.

Why is it that the rear wheels get dirtier than the fronts then?

My dad got mini-mudflaps on his dci and they do seem to help keep the sides slightly cleaner IMO. But he puts it through the car wash every week anyway (~600 miles / week driving school car!).

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 23 February 2005

Yup... It get dirty alright!

Not as bad as my 225 used to be, but still bizarre considering I have five forward gears!
thata wot i said

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Mine used to get dirty because dirt and water used to get in the door end of my garage.

Cleared more junk out and now I can clear it so it doesnt.

Used to have a Clio

i thought they give you 30 days to hand your license to them with the fine or risk the court?

Used to have a Clio

was caught back in june, paid my fnie, never submitted my licence :oops:

checked with DVLA, licence hasnt been revoked, so im still legally allowed to drive on my licence