ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wide 182 tyres

Turbo Beige
Has anybody tried 215/40/16 tyres on a 172/182? Was there any problems with clearance etc?

Cheers

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Was thinking about them for a 172. But they really need a fraction wider wheel, say, 7.5" wide, to do them justice. And I couldn't find anyone here who had that size. And I wasn't sure if 8s would fit. I decided that an extra 10 mm of tyre width wasn't worth the trouble. That it was a lot easier and probably cheaper in the long run to get the same result by going for a stickier but shorter life 205.

172 mk2
i have 215 on my cup rims to, lowered on apex springs. fine at the front but when i was 5 up, with big guys it rubbed on the back a bit... 172 non cup btw

Turbo Beige
There is a good avaliblity of tyres in this size at relatively cheap prices to 205/45's as well.