ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wierd Blu-Ray ROM problem

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Basically,

I can't seem to get my new F&F blu-rays to play on my PC.

I've tried PowerDVD Ultra and Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre.
I've tried the drive in 2 PCs

Whilst I can see the disc name etc in the drive (and can look at the files), I can't get them to play (if i open the drive in either of the above softwares, they just don't do anything).

Cheers, James

SPECS:
e8400 @ 4Ghz
Vista x64
GTX275
P5Q Pro
4GB ram
LiteON 401S BD-ROM

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Need the Blu-ray Codec?

Might do - I have installed a full version of PowerDVD Ultra 9 - which is meant to support Blu-ray...

If you've got a "special" one, please PM me if it can't be public ;)

Cheers, James

P.S. Tried AnyDVDHD to no avail...

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I forgot to add - these are the first blu-rays I've tried playing on my BD-ROM, however I know DVDs play fine.

Was going to ask for your spec, but reading it, can certainly handle BD. I'd guess maybe a possible conflict with x64 OS ? My BD/HDDVD combo drive didn't like XP 64. Works fine with x86 XP and AnyDVDHD.

There's an option in AnyDVDHD to remove BD+ protection and to enable BD. Make sure both of these are ticked and that the app is running in your system tray.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
AnyDVDHD sheds some light:
"Drive's signature of the Dv value is incorrect"

Sadly, google doesn't seem to have any solutions.

Any ideas?

It's not an import by any chance? ADVDHD can remove the region protection. Try getting the latest firmware for your drive, preferably for x64.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Done and done I'm afriad...

Not an import - region 2 straight from play.com

Any more ideas? I've spend the last 5hrs hastling over this - stupid technology!!!
(and there was me thinking I could fix any problem)

Fiesta ST
I tried to play Crank 2 on my Panasonic profile 2.0 Blu-Ray player and because I didn't have a SD card plugged in it wouldn't play the movie!! doesn't even tell you why it wouldn't play.

Had to look it up on the internet - not good when you just want to watch a movie with friends!!

Now that is stupid technology..

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
meh no real legal issues unless you distribute it

I was only saying; so much for my attempt at getting F&F in HD legitimately...
Stupid content protection systems! They make life hard for the paying customers, and are easy to circumnavigate for the HAX0Rs.