ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wifi help..

172 M69 eater
i live on the top floor of a shared house and we all have wifi... however the transmitter is on the bottom floor and i get a s**t connection that cuts off every now and again... i have suggested we put it on the middle floor but they r all w*****s and wont :mad:

is there any way i can increase my reception? i have this gash little aerial sticking out the back of my pc...

patty

You can buy aerial extensions, so there is a bit of wire, then the aerial so you could put it somewhere better, but I seem to remeber they were pretty expensive.

Otherwise I once bent a metal pie dish (the kind you get with frozen stuff from the supermarket) around my aerial to make a kind of "satellite dish" around it, which seemed to work, kind of. (seriously!)

Oh, and I saw an article somewhere on the net about using a pringles can... but never tried that one :)

172 M69 eater
^^ whats best daz... is it worth spending 20 quid and which ones will screw onto my pci card???

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u could go ghetto... get a pringles tube and cut the bottom off, put it over the ariel will extend it a bit lol

patty said:
^^ whats best daz... is it worth spending 20 quid and which ones will screw onto my pci card???

Depends on what card you have and what connection it uses.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
patty said:
belkin somethin or other... was 29 quid from comet... it uses b and g...

patty

good job your life doesnt depend on that info isnt it lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
LOL make a pringles tube radiator... then go in and tell the boss what u did lol