ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will anyone paint my bits? lol

Im looking to have all 4 bumpstrips and door handles colour coded in pearl black. Can anyone do this professionally, or know anyone who can do??

And also how much would i be looking to pay?

James

no way can that be right! my mate had rear bumper, spoiler, side stirips handles from bumper all for 250 from a local body shop, how cum you recon it would be that much?

White 197
I would suggest you try your local Chipsaway franchise. Yes I know they are dependent upon the franchise for quality but I have always been very pleased with the result.

golf
do it yourself first if you bugger it up you can get it resprayed but if it looks good youl be saving a ton

As already suggested you could have a try yourself and if your not happy with the results get it done professionally.

The key to a good finish is the preperation, 95% of the time taken will be preping the parts, making sure they are sanded nice and smooth to get a good match with the body, you will need to go over them severral times with sand paper of increasing fineness. You will need to give it a few layers of PLASTIC primer and wet sand with a very fine sandpaper to get a smooth finish, then apply quite a few thin layers of paint and wet sand again with a very very fine paper before applying the lacquer. Make sure you apply quite a few layers of lacquer.

As already suggested you could have a try yourself and if your not happy with the results get it done professionally.

The key to a good finish is the preperation, 95% of the time taken will be preping the parts, making sure they are sanded nice and smooth to get a good match with the body, you will need to go over them severral times with sand paper of increasing fineness. You will need to give it a few layers of PLASTIC primer and wet sand with a very fine sandpaper to get a smooth finish, then apply quite a few thin layers of paint and wet sand again with a very very fine paper before applying the lacquer. Make sure you apply quite a few layers of lacquer.

cheers mate i think ill give that one ago!
ill try and get some before and after pictures