ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will not rev over 3000

well this is a bit of an update but still need big help with my clio 172 2001
over xmas i tried to start it and the light on the dash board, the box with a heart beat in it, came on and it would not rev over 3000. It seems to be an intermintant problem as sometimes it will only come on after 30 mins driving and sometimes its on from cold start. ive changed the leads,plugs,peddle and throttle body but no joy ive checked all the cables that i can get to but it all looks ok.
has anyone got any idea what else it could be or what to try next??
please help!!!!!!!!

172 cup
sounds like ecu gone into lim with with a stored fault. Needs hooking up to diagnostics and clearing or fixing if still problem

thanks for the reply. i know its in limp mode and had it hooked up to diagnostics at a local garage and it came up with a problem with the throttle peddle, hence the new one. I have got it booked in with renault for a diagnostic next week but was hoping someone might come up with something I havent already tried!

172 cup
even after fixing the problem you need to have it hooked up again and cleared as it will be stored in the memory