ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will they fit?

BG 182
basically ive got a phase 1 1.2 16v. i bought some 58mm coilovers off a 1.4 16v under the impression that all 16v's were 58mm bolt spacing, turns out mine are 52mm never the less i got them cut to fit the 52mm however there was far too much positive camber even with camber bolts. so i've been thinking seeing as i got these coilovers very cheap and im keeping the car for a long time i might aswell buy some 16v hubs on the cheap that have the right bolt spacing of 58mm however its off a phase 2 1.2 16v so would it be a direct swap?

cut??? things like brakes and suspension should not be bodged no matter how good the person is that is doing it! if noticed its an mot failure and you could kill yourself or some innocent person,

do it right or not at all mate:dapprove:

basically ive got a phase 1 1.2 16v. i bought some 58mm coilovers off a 1.4 16v under the impression that all 16v's were 58mm bolt spacing, turns out mine are 52mm never the less i got them cut to fit the 52mm however there was far too much positive camber even with camber bolts. so i've been thinking seeing as i got these coilovers very cheap and im keeping the car for a long time i might aswell buy some 16v hubs on the cheap that have the right bolt spacing of 58mm however its off a phase 2 1.2 16v so would it be a direct swap?
Will fit but if your going to keep the car spend some money on decient suspension

the Mk2 phase 1 1.2 all use the smaller 52mm hubs a few very early phase 2 1.2 16V's did as well.

Personal I wouldn't bother messing about unless you are sure its strong enough