ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

will.....

Nissan 370Z
anyone help me clean a 1.2 16v engine bay, as i think its hard becuase theres lots of wires, or can i pay someone who lives near hull, east yorkshire to come do it properly for me or i can travel a SHORT distance to them. i suppose i can clean a lot of it with bucket of warm water and not touch any wires, just get it looking a bit better but what about if i wanted it too look really really clean.
thanks

Last edited:
  Nissan 370Z
0388.jpg
0392.jpg

106 GTi
I would do it a little at a time, using as little water as possible.

Spray a small amont of Autogylm degreaser on a chosen area, agiate with a soft brush for a few seconds to start it working, rinse of with a small amount of water or even better just a damp cloth, dry as best you can with a towel, move onto the next area. Doing a small area at a time saves gettingt he whole engine and parts you dont want to get wet.

Cover anything you dont fancy getting wet with plastic bages or cling film if your really worried.

After dress plastics and hoses with something like Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber, polish the paintwork with Autoglym Super Resin and any shiny metalwork such as the aircon pipes with metal polish.

Nissan 370Z
how come the wires on it are so exposed?
could i not come to gloucester and pay you to clean it?
thanks

106 GTi
Which wires are you worried about? Can't see anything in the pic that worries me to much?

You could if you fancy a 200 odd mile journey to get an engine bay clean!

Mito Sportiva 135
It should be fine as long as you are careful mate, just use as little water as possible as Rich says.

In all seriousness, I am not sure if I have been blessed by the Detailing Gods, but I have never seen any damage caused to an engine when cleaning. Where we used to work we even used high-pressure high-temperature jet wash and truck wash on the inside!!! If a car can survive that, then even a Renault should be able to survive a bit of water.:D

Which wires are you worried about? Can't see anything in the pic that worries me to much?

You could if you fancy a 200 odd mile journey to get an engine bay clean!

and get it just as dirty on the way home LMAO!!

nice to see middos car around at least, if not all in one piece :D (thats not a dig at your driving skills medici mate lol)

jamie

106 GTi
TBH there is nothing I can see in your pictures I would cover. Any of the pipes and cables shown, I would wipe the grime off all of them with a damp cloth.

Nissan 370Z
is cleaning it just using a bucket of water and wetting the necessary bits, bit by bit better than just drenching it with a hose?
there must be some wires i need to cover!
thanks

0386.jpg

106 GTi
Yeah no need to use a hose all over it. Like I said small areas at a time with very little water.

There is nothing there on show that does not get wet when you drive it.

Nissan 370Z
ok thanks, im probably gonna get a load of red hosing any way to tidy up the tubes and wires so that will help i suppose, is there and website on how to clean engine bays and how long will it take to do it properly for a virgin engine bay cleaner!
cheers