ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Willy history

Hi, just bought Williams 1 no.314 from Colchester on Ebay. Before you laugh I think it was a good deal as its immaculate and 84k miles for £3k exactly. Risk was that service book is missing. Inspection showed no major problems although had to replace steering column due to UJ wear after haggling down.

Now does anyone admit to owning or knowing of L32OWR (Mk1 No.314) ?

Crucial info is was cambelt changed at 72k ?

Any history really welcome. Car has been in East Anglia for some time, and has John Grose number plates (a Ford dealer in Lowestoft of all things). Condition and drive really does bely a dodgy history and HPI free etc.

Thanks

Ring108 :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by Ring108 on 05 August 2004

Hi, just bought Williams 1 no.314 from Colchester on Ebay. Before you laugh I think it was a good deal as its immaculate and 84k miles for £3k exactly. Risk was that service book is missing. Inspection showed no major problems although had to replace steering column due to UJ wear after haggling down.

Now does anyone admit to owning or knowing of L32OWR (Mk1 No.314) ?

Crucial info is was cambelt changed at 72k ?

Any history really welcome. Car has been in East Anglia for some time, and has John Grose number plates (a Ford dealer in Lowestoft of all things). Condition and drive really does bely a dodgy history and HPI free etc.

Thanks

Ring108 :oops:
Dont leave it to chance dude, just change it for peace of mind..

Hmm my writing disappeared>

I did say...

"Dont just leave it to chance dude, get it changed for peace of mind"

Remapped derv Golf

Saw that one for sale a while ago in Autotrader i think. 314 Rings a bell

Why dont you get it changed if youre worried?

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Give the garage a call or before u send the logbook off get the address of the previous owner and send him a letter asking him to contact u with a few questions.

Thanks for advice so far. I will get belt changed, any ideas on typical cost, I know its a pig - some say engine out job ?

I have written to garage and previous owners who have not replied yet - hoped someone out there new of car but if has a bad history I d rather not know as it looks and drives fine !

Ring108;)

He was Id say late twenties and a Chef in Chelmsford I think. He swopped his M3 for the Willy and cash from a mate a few months earlier and now wanted more dosh to help buy his first house and do up. The car had been standing for a while as he was using his girlfriends motor. He had previously been a Sierra Cossie lover and I think found the Clio a bit small. Dont know anymore and Im a long way from sunny essex now........never mind its a great motor.

Ring108:confused:

i think *hill power* charge about 200 for cam belt. you might want the under drive pullys changed too at this point.

i read somewhere renault charge 500 !