ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window problem Mk3

Hi,
Today I was out driving and to begin with my window worked fine. Then randomly half way through the journey it stopped working. No movement of the glass at all when pressing the button. Just a quiet short buzz. Had a problem once before with the window but it was actually moving a little bit that time. Any ideas?

Clio sport 172 cup
Take the speaker out and have a look at the regulator connector bet it will have water ingress in the terminals,mk3 clios suffer with it,the speaker grill comes out then u need a t20 screwdriver to take the speaker out,disconnect the connector and take the yellow insert out the connector the 3rd pin from the right will probs be discoloured/green,like I say common issue I've changed loads

Ive stripped it all off and yes to be honest looks damp in there! a felt covered wire is pretty sopping wet.
What Part(s) would need to be replaced? Would i be able to do it at home?

c7530cc4de1362fb8cf0beacb84ac1d3.jpg

Is the terminal on show here. Or behind the metal skin?

Clio sport 172 cup
Take the yellow insert out of the connector with a flat blade screwdriver and u will see the discolouration tell tale sign it's the cause is if it starts working when u reconnect it but I would put money on water ingress being the issue

Clio sport 172 cup
To sort the problem u will need a new door loom and possibly regulator depends if the unit on the regulator has ingress on the terminals

I have kept the door card off and dried out the dampness in there. The felt around the wires was really quiet damp.
Seems to have gone back to working fine now. Not sure whether to replace it all or try and stick with it

Clio sport 172 cup
When there's ingress in the loom u just never know it could work and u might not have anymore problems but it could stop working whilst it's down and u might not be able to get it up again,chances are if it does do that u just take the speaker out and disconnect and connect it again and it will work,it's quite expensive I believe for a new reg and loom,one option is taking the terminals out of the connector and cleaning than one by one but I've only ever seen one get ingress and it's the 3rd from the right

Okay thanks for the help, I have looked into he inside of the door again today and there is evidence of leak as the door was tried out and now damp again, have you had experience of common leaking points?

Cheers