ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Tinting - how much is factory % and where to go? (West Midlands)

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
I'll be looking to tint the rear 3 windows of my 2008 Fiesta ST, and firstly want to know - obviously it varies, how much % tinting is factory spec? As I want the OEM look.
Secondly, any recommendations as to where to get my window tinted, West Midlands area but willing to travel far enough for a good job

Thanks

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
not the best picture but gives you an idea
Photo0013_zps074f3e67.jpg

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
That looks pretty much what I want, one step below limo would still be too dark imo. Can you remember what % that was?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had my golf done with 35% tints and it looked the same as that Focus tbh.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
I had my golf done with 35% tints and it looked the same as that Focus tbh.

Yeah I don't really know what % is equivalent to how dark the tint is, but I'd guess 20-35% is roughly where I want to be, and probably what most OEM tints are? I think anything > 60% is probably horrendously dark

WR1 impreza
These guys seem like a decent shout, are they reasonable on price?

Sorry mate I couldnt tell you as ive only used them for wheel refurb and detail. Best to try and contact them through facebook but be warned, they are soo busy they can miss some messages. Best to drop in if your round that way.

They really are perfectionists.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Sorry mate I couldnt tell you as ive only used them for wheel refurb and detail. Best to try and contact them through facebook but be warned, they are soo busy they can miss some messages. Best to drop in if your round that way.

They really are perfectionists.

Cheers again for response, yeah might drop round and see what they're all about, actually need wheels refurbed too, how much did they charge you?

WR1 impreza
No probs. Depends on the size but i think for 18" and below its £199. Price will be increasing soon tho but if its booked in he will honour the price. Same day service too