ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window tinting?!?!

Monaco Blue 172
Get it done professionally fella! Mine cost bout £180, but the quality is awesome. Do it yourself and you will av all sorts of bubbles n creases.

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
Yeah definitely get it done professionally, I've seen some shocking DIY attempts. I've been getting some quotes myself, I've had ranging from 140-200 for the same as what you'd like but including a plain black sun-strip too. Does anyone know if it's worth scratching off the little black circles that are all the way around the inside of the glass on the back side windows? I ask because a friend has a black clio exactly the same as mine and had his done professionally but it doesn't blend in very well where all those little circles/dots are?

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
danjacko25 said:
Yeah definitely get it done professionally, I've seen some shocking DIY attempts. I've been getting some quotes myself, I've had ranging from 140-200 for the same as what you'd like but including a plain black sun-strip too. Does anyone know if it's worth scratching off the little black circles that are all the way around the inside of the glass on the back side windows? I ask because a friend has a black clio exactly the same as mine and had his done professionally but it doesn't blend in very well where all those little circles/dots are?

yeah i thought this after i had them done,but got used to it and to be honest who is really gonna notice it as a bad thing! its not worth the trouble,plus it wud take ya ages!!

Clio 197 ('08 R'Blue)
Hmmm, I might attempt it with a really sharp chisel in the corner see if it works well enough, if not I'll leave it! Does anyone know what the score is with the front side windows? How much of a tint is legal???

Monaco Blue 172
danjacko25 said:
Hmmm, I might attempt it with a really sharp chisel in the corner see if it works well enough, if not I'll leave it! Does anyone know what the score is with the front side windows? How much of a tint is legal???

Wouldnt touch ur front windows, got to let 85% light in and only let bout 90 in standard. i got mine done with a light tint n they only let 32% light in after. 2% lower and the traffic cop who stopped me would av given me points.