ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Metal Sump Guard

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone know of a metal sump guard under tray that would fit a mk2 Clio? Was driving the Ph1 around the lanes my new place and it likes to bottom out and thought a metal one would help a bit more protection. It doesn’t help that the standard plastic one I have is damaged on the back edge and it is like folded down so rubs a lot easier. Also doesn’t help that it’s loaded up at the moment with stuff from my old garage!

I am sure I saw PMS doing one many years ago but can’t find it on their website.
Have found THIS one but before I go for it wondered if anyone has experience in others that work and fit well.

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
You probably won't find cheaper than that. It's a bit thin but as it's not a competition car it should be fine to add some protection. You might just need to take it off every once in a while to straighten it. Rally ones are usually between 5-10mm thick.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
You probably won't find cheaper than that. It's a bit thin but as it's not a competition car it should be fine to add some protection. You might just need to take it off every once in a while to straighten it. Rally ones are usually between 5-10mm thick.
yep this isn’t a rally car!! It’s just for that but extra protection driving around home. Ok, I’ll look at getting this one then.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Renault did make a metal one which replaced the standard plastic undertray. Beleive they may have come on some kangoo models. Rare now though!

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Oem renault steel sumpguard on mine.
20220613_152820.jpg