ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Tinting

Clio 182
Hi all, just a quick question. Is window tinting classed as a modification or security when it comes to declaring it to insurers? Or does it depend on the company?!

Cheers

Da

Less
It is a modification yes, mine added about £30 to my policy for doing it. Most wont insure illegal tints tho.

Clio 182
cheers agen daz2427 for the info and quick reply! not goin illegal, just rear 3?! does anyone no what metalic red film wud look like on a clio and wud it look ok with just the rear 3 windows done in it?!

Clio 182
i wunna go dark/limo at rear and maybe light at front! yea clio is red, just wondering how it wud look! spect it wud look bit chavtastic, but hey!

Clio 182
the only coloured tints i have seen are the blue jobbies from halfords! ddnt like them! gunna stick wit black i finks, as i have got black lights so shud match really well wen dun! wots the % on ur front tints?!