ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Window Tints Help

After reading another thread regarding window tints, how Illegal they are which then can effect insurance etc etc! I read various sites on this and they all go on about the amount of "light" the tint lets through.

Apparently theres nothing in the MOT *YET!!* but the car can still be illegal.

Basically my 182 has tints (not fitted by me, but by previous owner) ALL windows are tinted apart from windscreen (which I know is illegal full stop)

where can I get them checked to see if they are illegal or not?

cheers

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
As long as the police can see you through the front windows they're not going to bother with you.

This is from personal experience.

Ive been pulled on a few things for my car and suprisingly the tints havnt been 1 of them. i wouldnt worry about it, post a pic should be able to tell u from looking at it!

here it is...

Picture005.gif

Picture004.gif

Clio182a.gif

wont it affect insurance tho??

They look fine mate! I wouldnt worry about any cop trouble!
As for insurance i have no idea, id guess it qouldnt increase your premium but id defo tell them!

Gorgous car too dude!

Clio Mk1 Hybrid
Should be fine with that mate.

My old 5 Turbo was darker than that and the cops never said anything about it and I used to get pulled a lot in that car. Was only 18 mind, LOL!

Polo + Micra
yeah i've been pulled before for having tints

they checked it all and said that they let through 37% vlt but never actually given anything formal to take them off:S

172 cup
NEB-CM- said:
here it is...

Picture005.gif

That looks about the same as my cup which has 50% tints... and illegal :quiet:

On a dull day (like your photo) and at night they look quite dark, but on a bright sunny day they just look like a pretty light tint.

Spoke to he previous owner and its confirmed...! Illegal! So Im left with a couple of choices....

A, Take them off
B, Leave them on

Don't know what to do! Im more bothered about my insurance, dont and illegal car render it useless??

i had 20% in the front and limo in the back of my old car and never had a problem and that was when 35% was legal on the front and then they changed it to 50% in the front so i dont think you will have a problem if the back was darker it would make the front appear darker and that is when they will pull you i know a window tinter and have seen all the letters he gats sent about tints