ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

window wipers modes!

172 cup
wipers has 3 settings - slow / medium / fast

my medium / fast is working but the slow setting does nothing

any ideas?

thanks
Chris L

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I had the problem on my 106 and it just needed a new relay. Not sure if it's the same on the clio

172 cup
Is that the intermittent setting that you are on about?
yeh

Have you adjusted the intermittent setting to the quickest of the 4 (or 5) settings it has?

Or does it not even wipe the screen once when you turn them on?
doesnt even wipe.. mine has 3 stages/modes... pull down once and it does nothin, pull down to the second bit and it wipes constant, then 3rd fastest

Yeh may be an old corroded relay mate. Is there the sound of click as if its trying to wipe the blades across the screen? Like from the glovebox area?
nope no clicking, where will i find the relay?

Afaik it's on the uch up under the glovebox but I'm not sure if it is a relay you can just pull out and change. MickPM (iirc) from diamond motors is very knowledgeable about uch issues.

172 cup
Afaik it's on the uch up under the glovebox but I'm not sure if it is a relay you can just pull out and change. MickPM (iirc) from diamond motors is very knowledgeable about uch issues.

cheers .. its not evern bad but annoys the hell out of me when it rains

182 FF, A6 Avant
My auto wipers are s**t, it's always at the wrong speed. Can I disable it and go back to good old manual intermittent control?

PB Clio 172
My auto wipers are s**t, it's always at the wrong speed. Can I disable it and go back to good old manual intermittent control?

err yes its not hard is it, just click it 1 down :eek: or just flick it down yourself

don't know how you can say they are s**te, I am like others love them

How do you change the intermitant setting? Via the nob on the end of the stalk? Could be a loose connection there or as said a coroded relay so it doesnt want to budge I dont think its the same relay for each wiper setting I think there is a different one for each speed

172 cup
How do you change the intermitant setting? Via the nob on the end of the stalk? Could be a loose connection there or as said a coroded relay so it doesnt want to budge I dont think its the same relay for each wiper setting I think there is a different one for each speed

ahh ok makes sence.. ill have alook when i get home

182 FF, A6 Avant
err yes its not hard is it, just click it 1 down :eek: or just flick it down yourself

don't know how you can say they are s**te, I am like others love them

Err, in short, No.

The "Up" position on mine is off.
1 click down is Auto
2 clicks down is on/speed 1
3 clicks down is on/speed 2

I've had several cars with auto wipers and with the exception of a MkV R32, the Clio has the worst system.

PB Clio 172
Err, in short, No.

The "Up" position on mine is off.
1 click down is Auto
2 clicks down is on/speed 1
3 clicks down is on/speed 2

I've had several cars with auto wipers and with the exception of a MkV R32, the Clio has the worst system.

buy a cup then and stop moaning :rasp: