ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows 8 - Anybody downgrade to 7?

340i
How do we go about formatting a hard drive for a clean install if we don't have recovery media?

You can do it from the Windows 7 install disc, when you boot from it. IMO a 'full' format is not necessary - you can delete all the partitions on a disk which practically blows away all the data.

Inferno 182 CUP
You can do it from the Windows 7 install disc, when you boot from it. IMO a 'full' format is not necessary - you can delete all the partitions on a disk which practically blows away all the data.

It's windows 8 nt 7 and I don't have any discs?

182 Trophy #333
It's windows 8 nt 7 and I don't have any discs?

You'll have to download an ISO of the version of windows 8 you require, then either burn it to a disc or create a bootable usb drive, once in the installer you can delete the partitions and then create a new partition in the space, you can then fire off a clean install of windows.

FF Clio 182
You'll have to download an ISO of the version of windows 8 you require, then either burn it to a disc or create a bootable usb drive, once in the installer you can delete the partitions and then create a new partition in the space, you can then fire off a clean install of windows.

I have a DVD that has all version of windows 7 in x64 and x86 on it. When you running installation disk it asks you what version you want to install.

Inferno 182 CUP

I have no product key as its pre installed. I used a programme to obtain it but it says as it's a pre installed versio I can't install a retail version of 8 using this key

Not a 320d
Yep - a step too far, imo. They are probably trying to maintain a standard in physical appearance between the server and desktop/laptop environments, I guess?

D.

server is ugly as s**t lol.

always has been.

but I dont really mind, besides id rather have it use less resources.....

Skoda Fabia vRS
it would be interesting to find out how many people have resorted to a 3rd party prog to get Win8 to look like Win7