ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windows help!!!pleeeeaaassseee help!!!!

6/468 17poo
is there a way of looking at the items which were last printed on a computer??as ive just handed in some work and may of printed the wrong document, printed it through word??

please help, Ryan

It should be in the event logs of the machine the printer is local to.

Start -> Run -> EventVwr -> Check System Log :

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10
Date: 17/07/2007
Time: 18:42:18
User:
Computer:
Description:
Document 3, Test Page owned by 'username' was printed on HP LaserJet 4 via port c:\test.txt. Size in bytes: 106684; pages printed: 1

If its a network printer you may not have access to this.

6/468 17poo
doesnt list anything for printed documents?dont think its a network printer, i plug it in via usb when i need to print summit?!

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Try looking in "Computer Management" (from the "Administrative Tools" menu, or by right-clicking on "My computer" and choosing "Manage").

When you open "Computer Management", you will see (on the left-hand side) a list of selectable items; one of these is the Event Viewer/Event Logs, where you have the "Application Log", "Security Log" and "System Log". The last one, "System Log", lists all print jobs sent from your computer to any printer it knows about. It will tell you the name of the document (if its MS Word) and you'll be able to see the info you need?

6/468 17poo
thats annoying as it doesnt list my printer in there, ive just sent something to print and it hasnt come up plus ive refreshed it, man this is frustratin!!!! its weird

2004 1.2 Dynamique
Apart from looking in event viewer there is no way to track print jobs apart from print management software