ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windows Media player dvd codec?

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Windows media player wont play dvd's, says its not got the correct codec, where do I get one!?

172, vectra dti
when its says it doesn't have the correct codec does it not give you the option of searching online? also which media do you have as i use 11 and don't have an issue

Tesla MP3 2021
To be honest sounds like you have either Vista Home Basic or a version of XP that doesn't have the DVD plug-in.

Focus, GSXR1000 & R6
Its xp, media player version 11, not sure what else it says as its my gfs laptop so all in danish!

Fiesta ST
Thanks, Microsoft not supply one for free then?

No they don't - you'd either buy a codec or upgrade your windows to a version thats comes with DVD codec.

How do I play DVDs in Windows Media Player?
To play DVDs using the Player, you must have a DVD-ROM drive, a computer running the Microsoft Windows XP operating system, and either a software or hardware DVD decoder installed on your computer. (By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder.) For more information about DVD decoders, see the DVD Support in Windows XP Web page.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0072.mspx

Cupra
CCCP codec pack seems pretty good but I dont know if that allows you to watch DVD's or else use the VLC player.

BMW F31
i had the same problem on my bosses laptop, go to download.com and type mpeg2 decoder pack, theres a free one on there that integrates with wmp

Better than yours. C*nt.
As has been said many times, DVD codecs weren't included in XP. They are in Vista though, for reference.