ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windows vista ultimate?

none, just walk
is vista any good? ive managed to get a copy of it and im in two minds whether or not to install it?

ive got xp at the moment and im getting by on that no problem.

Rubbish! Back up your claim then, remembering everyone's experience is going to be different. Had this since it first came out and would never go back to XP. Many more peripherials are now about with Vista support so go for it.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
I've had vista for about 5months also - tiny bits of vista i like but not enough to out weigh XP

In XP - you name something the same as another file...it wont let you make the change

in vista - it asks you if you want to name it "copy"

i like that

but anyway, no, stay with XP

Clio 172 Mk2
Well i work in IT and have had vista running on a system for a few months and obviously use xp everyday. For a starters its much slower than xp and unless you have 2 gig of ram and a decent processor i wouldnt even contemplate putting it on. Theres a vast majority of existing software that still deosnt work with it. Loads of programs i have on xp at the mo i tried to run with vista but it wasnt compatible. The operating system just isnt stable enough at the moment to be promoted by anyone as being amazing!! Just check out all the reviews on amazon to back this up

172 Cup
Well i work in IT and have had vista running on a system for a few months and obviously use xp everyday. For a starters its much slower than xp and unless you have 2 gig of ram and a decent processor i wouldnt even contemplate putting it on. Theres a vast majority of existing software that still deosnt work with it. Loads of programs i have on xp at the mo i tried to run with vista but it wasnt compatible. The operating system just isnt stable enough at the moment to be promoted by anyone as being amazing!! Just check out all the reviews on amazon to back this up

List me these "loads of programs" that aren't compatible with vista...

H22A7 Accord Type R
**snif sniff** i smell shiteeeee in this thread, oh, its Vista ;)

every customer who has got a pc from us with Vista pre loaded has already had us format and load XP on it.......

172 Cup
**snif sniff** i smell s**teeeee in this thread, oh, its Vista ;)

every customer who has got a pc from us with Vista pre loaded has already had us format and load XP on it.......

Pretty stupid customers you seem to have..

I love threads like this with all the "expert/a bloke in the pub told me" opinions..

Let's find a bandwagon to jump on shall we..

Clio 172 Mk2
haha this could so turn into a thread of spam and end up a big argument. At the end of the day vista does have some excellent features and once things become more compatible and they release the first service pack things should improve! XP is just extremely stable and reliable, at present i dont see any benefits in changing to vista, if anybody would like to list them for me???

172 Cup
haha this could so turn into a thread of spam and end up a big argument. At the end of the day vista does have some excellent features and once things become more compatible and they release the first service pack things should improve! XP is just extremely stable and reliable, at present i dont see any benefits in changing to vista, if anybody would like to list them for me???

I'm still waiting for you to list this massive list of programs that won't work in Vista.

Clio 197
You can see why mortals like myself are being put-off idea of installing Vista.

There's a lot of people on either side of the fence, best make your own judgement?

But then I suppose if there's nothing wrong with your current OS, why change?

From a technical point of view, some parts seem a bit flakey. SP1 is available soon hopefully, which *should* fix all of the issues I've found so far. The issues I've found tho are FAR too geeky for most people to care about though! ;)

From a users point of view, some things are just different to XP (like the networking side - they've made it *too* simple, and you end up going through a few more screens to find the stuff you want) which is why a lot of people don't get on with it I think.

In terms of should you upgrade, probably.. but you say you've "managed to get a copy" - if you'd bought it, you'd want it.. so I'm just hoping you're a Microsoft Partner with MSDN subscription or similar ;)

But then I suppose if there's nothing wrong with your current OS, why change?

That's the key thing. In terms of "What does Vista offer me my current OS doesn't.."

The *ONLY* thing I miss in XP is Search.. (just for ease of launching applications). I certainly don't use it the same way I do Spotlight in OSX.. I used Spotlight for file management pretty much, but Vista.. I just prefer using Explorer..

Apart from Search box to launch apps, I'm happy enough with XP..

If we start a Vista -Vs- OSX thing.. then yea.. OSX is miles ahead IMO for simple, every day use (none domain environment ;)).. but I ain't going into the reasons why I think this, and still use a Windows laptop and not my Mac ;) :p

H22A7 Accord Type R
**snif sniff** i smell s**teeeee in this thread, oh, its Vista ;)

Pretty stupid customers you seem to have..

I love threads like this with all the "expert/a bloke in the pub told me" opinions..

Let's find a bandwagon to jump on shall we..

at the end of the day, the customer gets what the customer wants ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Vista is shiiiaaaate. End of.

Anyone who uses it should have the PC priviledges revoked.