ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen chip not failure?

BMW E36 328i Sport
I got a chip in my windscreen 1 day after owning my car it's a tiny chip with a crack that runs through it about 1cm in length. Crack is huge compaired to the circular chip.

Will this fail an mot? It's straight in font on me as I sit in the driverseat.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
If it is infront of you it will fail and because its cracked aswell iys the case of new screen aswell i think

Jap Box
I got a chip in my windscreen 1 day after owning my car it's a tiny chip with a crack that runs through it about 1cm in length. Crack is huge compaired to the circular chip.

Will this fail an mot? It's straight in font on me as I sit in the driverseat.

Yes, its in your main sight of vision, mine got advisory for having 3 cracks, 2 being on passenger side, and one being just under the wiper blade on the drives side. One crack was pretty large too.

MK2 172 FF
give your insurance a call they should be able to recommend where to take it and it probs wont cost you anything. Ive got a similar chip in mine and it passed the MOT the other day however, it also passed with no cat aswell lol

Jap Box
They can't repair cracks mate. Don't waste your time!

If your fully comp, £50 windscreen excess will see a nice clean new screen in there!

Does that actually count as a claim against your insurance? Ive got this buy mines £70 excess cost instead, not wanting to do it though if it will increase my premium.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not normally (it didn't affect mine) but its always best to ring and ask first.

A new screen for a basic 1.2 Clio mk2 is £90 + vat fitted. (I had one fitted about 6 weeks ago! lol)

Jap Box
Not normally (it didn't affect mine) but its always best to ring and ask first.

A new screen for a basic 1.2 Clio mk2 is £90 + vat fitted. (I had one fitted about 6 weeks ago! lol)

Nice, ill give them a call friday and find out, if not £90 is a fair price :)

BMW E36 328i Sport
Got tpft insurance I could probs get windscreen cover but won't be worth it my excess is a few hundred £s being a young guy :(

Hope it can be repaired I'll go to autoglass and get a quote tomorrow.

BMW E36 328i Sport
Thanks for the ball park figure, I've never had to buy a windscreen so atleast I know if its more than £300 there taking the pish.