ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen replacement

Has anyone had a 182 windscreen replaced recently? Renault have discontinued them and Pilkington can only get clear screens for them now apparently...

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone had a 182 windscreen replaced recently? Renault have discontinued them and Pilkington can only get clear screens for them now apparently...

Sorry for late reply and doubt its of any use to you, but...
Had mine replaced just over a year ago, was done and sourced by independent local company who got it from Renault main dealer at my request and insistence,
The first glass the fitters bought out was incorrect despite Renault assuring them that it was the correct part for the car, but, at second attempt, they got it right and supplied original 182 tinted glass which appeared identical, inc. Renault logo etc. I got the genuine surround too which was still available from Renault,

Not sure what the current situation with screens, but wouldn't be surprised if NLA, I know that the Renault left side quarter glass which I had fitted at the same time is NLA, and was told it was the last one in the UK.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for late reply and doubt its of any use to you, but...
Had mine replaced just over a year ago, was done and sourced by independent local company who got it from Renault main dealer at my request and insistence,
The first glass the fitters bought out was incorrect despite Renault assuring them that it was the correct part for the car, but, at second attempt, they got it right and supplied original 182 tinted glass which appeared identical, inc. Renault logo etc. I got the genuine surround too which was still available from Renault,

Not sure what the current situation with screens, but wouldn't be surprised if NLA, I know that the Renault left side quarter glass which I had fitted at the same time is NLA, and was told it was the last one in the UK.
You don't happen to have a part number or reference for the OEM windscreen, do you?

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry no, the screen company procured them, and part numbers not included on invoice.
The screen with fitting was about 430, and another 210 for rear quarter.

So update... I ordered a screen from Autoglass in November which I've been chasing along the way (£800 solar tint), they rang me today to tell me they can't actually get it anymore, they have a £600 tinted option but it has no rain sensor, f**king useless...

Clio 172
So update... I ordered a screen from Autoglass in November which I've been chasing along the way (£800 solar tint), they rang me today to tell me they can't actually get it anymore, they have a £600 tinted option but it has no rain sensor, f**king useless...
Did you ever get this sorted?

Was it £800 fitted?

Cheers

Renault Clio RS 182
Yep used a local company in the end, correct glass and only £354, I just paid my insurance excess. Part number was Pilkington 7248ACCM1R or 43R-001610.
What company mate? Picked a 182 up recently with a badly scratched windscreen so need it doing ASAP

Renault Clio RS 182
Did you ever get this sorted?

Was it £800 fitted?

Cheers
Just had mine done today by autoglass, it looks very close to factory just without the square at the bottom of the screen which I'm not fussed about, happy with the outcome on mine

Attachments

• 20240223_122932.jpg
    20240223_122932.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
  Clio 172
I had a OEM Renault stamped windscreen fitted by National windscreens in Gloucester. I didn't ask they just turned up with it.

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
Are windscreen replacement now going down as a claim?

Cant answer for all insurers but Howdens told me that it would, went with Greenlight in the end - asked the advisor but he was too northern to understand over the :poop: phone line noise