ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wireless router

I was gonna say nothing else with net gear written on ...

Serious? Netgear make some great routers. Personally, I'd say that Netgear and Cisco make probably the best machines available. Certainly in the consumer market. Everything I've ever experienced from Belkin has been a flaky POS. In fact each and every time a friend or colleague mentions a wireless networking issue, they always turn out to own something from Belkin.

OP, try using a fixed IP for your devices that have issues. This could well be a DHCP server issue. In my experience, poor quality routers seem to crap-out in this regard after about 364 days of ownership.

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Serious? Netgear make some great routers. Personally, I'd say that Netgear and Cisco make probably the best machines available. Certainly in the consumer market. Everything I've ever experienced from Belkin has been a flaky POS. In fact each and every time a friend or colleague mentions a wireless networking issue, they always turn out to own something from Belkin.

OP, try using a fixed IP for your devices that have issues. This could well be a DHCP server issue. In my experience, poor quality routers seem to crap-out in this regard after about 364 days of ownership.

Well maybe it is just mine then but I have a netgear router atm and its shite. The signal is forever dropping in and out and generally, you can't get a decent reception without being in the same room as the router

200 Gordini No.159
Well maybe it is just mine then but I have a netgear router atm and its s**te. The signal is forever dropping in and out and generally, you can't get a decent reception without being in the same room as the router

Is it setup on the right channels? is there anything interfering with it? is it a G or N router? Brick walls or plasterboard?

There's about a million different things that could cause a router not to work properly, and its probably becuase you haven't got it setup correctly. I used to work as an engineer for Virgin Media, the Netgear routers are pretty good, I'd put them in my top 3.... You just have to set then up correctly...