ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wireless Wierd Fooked Up Problem! :( HELP!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Im hoping some of you IT boffs can help me out with this one...

We have wireless internet in my house... Over the weekend i haven't used the internet/computer at all.

I get back on Sunday night and my laptop has stopped finding wireless networks. This is strange as my dads laptop connects fine, whilst mine wont even find the damn thing (it normally connects automatically but even when i right click the two little pc moniters on the bottom right and click find networks it cant )

The only way i can get the internet to work on this laptop is by plugging it into the hard line.

Now the logical step is to reset everything on the wireless/modem. Did this to no avail.
So i thought right, maybe its my laptop. Diagnosed my network adapters and checked them myself. They both say "This device is working as it should"...

Tried reinstalling the drivers and updating them, and its still not working.

So rang up virgin and they said my modem is functioning weird. They are in the process of sending a new one out. However i can't see how this would affect MY laptop if everyone elses laptop/PC is working fine on that network?

I doubt any of you can give me a proper answer with out been here yourself and actually looking etc but if you can give me any thing else to look at id appreciate it.

Luke

Tesla MP3 2021
The wireless via your laptop is it built in or do you use an adaptor?

Without sounding to silly but some laptops have a wireless on / off switch. Just check its not the case that you haven't turned this off by mistake. Its deffo not your internet / wireless setup if other Pc's / laptops can connect.

SLK 350
Connect via a cable, point your browser at your default gateway (router) usually 192.168.X.1. Log in using the credentials you set, go through the setup process again. Try setting a new SSID over bands b/g (some devices won't support draft n).

Also worth updating the firmware on your router if the above won't work.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The wireless via your laptop is it built in or do you use an adaptor?

Without sounding to silly but some laptops have a wireless on / off switch. Just check its not the case that you haven't turned this off by mistake. Its deffo not your internet / wireless setup if other Pc's / laptops can connect.

Connect via a cable, point your browser at your default gateway (router) usually 192.168.X.1. Log in using the credentials you set, go through the setup process again. Try setting a new SSID over bands b/g (some devices won't support draft n).

Also worth updating the firmware on your router if the above won't work.

Its now fixed!

I messed about with the router settings from another laptop... seems that because i reset it it also reset the router settings aswell...

Doh!:boring: