ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-= Wires & Questions =-

Hi peeps,

Wondering if any one can help me with the following, this ICE stuff is all new to me.. having been issued a Pioneer DEH 6400R for christmas id like know if anyone with the same brand stereo can help me with the following :-

A:) how to get the aerial lead to fit into the rear of the stereo? the connector is a different type all together compared to the one that fits into the STD Philps HU. i take it i need to cut of this aerial connector and replace with another? if so where do i buy one (the connector socket).

B:) My clio came with what seems standard 13cm speakers in the doors with also standard tweets based under the air vents on each side of the dash.. i know some clio owners dont have this store location for the tweets. For the people that do.. where are the corssovers found? ive had a quick look under the dash, and cant find them! do they even have any? reason im asking is that im replacing the mids and tweets, so i need to rip out the old sh*te..

any advise would be brill,

thanks guys,

James.

re the question about your areil adapter if u head down to your local halfords they will be able to sell u an adapter that should just plug into your head unit and allow u to plug in your old areil plug.

the tweeters i dunno about but my guessing would be as they are sh*tty standard ones the crossover could be built in.not 100% sure as i have a j plate RT thats best feature is the opening doors and circular steering wheel :)

Clio V6 255

the crossovers are built in. best remove the tweeters and put your own in, theres plenty of room to do a little DIY on the existing brackets!.

CS_MATT,

cheers, i got the converter you was talking about today! Radio works fine now so thanks for that. As for the cross over talk, i think you could be right with them being built in. I will replace them ASAP. not sure if i should mount the cross overs under teh dash or in the doors!

thanks again