ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring components

Iceberge cup,mito tb
Got vibe lite air speakers. Got dash etc off and tweeters in place. How to I go about wiring crossover in and where should I put it?

I cheated and used the existing cables to get into the door woofers. I found even getting to this cable in the door connector tricky, so just connected the crossover output to the Left or Right +/- wires going from the head unit to the Renault ISO loom in my Alpine specific loom. The tweeter can easily be wired direct. Hopefully that makes sense, seemed the easiest way to do it to me unless you are running mega power and need bigger cable

I cheated and used the existing cables to get into the door woofers. I found even getting to this cable in the door connector tricky, so just connected the crossover output to the Left or Right +/- wires going from the head unit to the Renault ISO loom in my Alpine specific loom. The tweeter can easily be wired direct. Hopefully that makes sense, seemed the easiest way to do it to me unless you are running mega power and need bigger cable

Without a crossover? No ta

Iceberge cup,mito tb
Did you's use the cables going into woofers as input to crossover? Then obv other side goes to output of crossover to woofers then run new cable down for tweeter

Run new cable from the amp to the input of the crossover. Run new cable from the tweeter output on the crossover to the tweeter - can run this cable easily with the dash top off.

Then run new cable from the crossover woofer output to the back of the head unit. For my Alpine head unit, I cut the wires from the Alpine > Renault wiring loom that carry the feed to the left and right woofers (4 wires L and R + and -). From what I remember these were white + white/black and grey + grey/black for both sides, might be different for Sony/Kenwood etc. Join the Renault end of these cables (which lead to the door woofers) to your cables that have run from the crossovers. Bit of extra wiring but it makes it all easy to get to. Make sure you cut the Alpine > Renault loom though so your original car wiring is intact.

My crossovers were small so I could tuck them in the corner of the footwell and tie them to existing cables. Loads of room under the dash otherwise, take it off and it will make things much easier.

Iceberge cup,mito tb
I was just gonna cut to woofers in footwell where goes through door. Us multimeter to identify what's speaker wires. What I was wondering is the old supply to woofers could be tied into crossovers input to then obv out put will be new cable to tweeter and connect onto existing woofer cable where I had cut it in footwell or I'm I gonna need to run a new supply from head unit to crossovers

Yeh that sounds like a good plan if you're not using a separate amp. Definitely recommend getting the dash top off, it makes access so much easier. I just couldn't find the door speaker cable easily at the door end so did the roundabout route described above, if you can find them then go for it