ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring Expert Suggestion?

Clio 172 Cup
Clio 172 Cup, 2003. rack prepared and recently had and engine change. Car won’t start. Suspect immobiliser issues… done every google/ forum suggestion and time to call in an expert!

Car is based in North West (Altrincham area)

Can anyone recommend an expert?

Car needs a bit of an overhaul anyway, geometry, second eyes on engine change etc. So maybe a one-stop solution?

Thanks in advance.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Have you still got clocks in? Whats the immobiliser light doing?

Lots of people will recommend Mick at Diamond motors, I've not personally used him but looking over posts he's made on here he certainly knows his stuff regarding the oddities of Clio wiring.

Clio 172 Cup, 2003. rack prepared and recently had and engine change. Car won’t start. Suspect immobiliser issues… done every google/ forum suggestion and time to call in an expert!

Car needs a bit of an overhaul anyway, geometry, second eyes on engine change etc. So maybe a one-stop solution?

Thanks in advance.
Birchdown is probably the closest.

Clio 172 Cup
Have you still got clocks in? Whats the immobiliser light doing?

Lots of people will recommend Mick at Diamond motors, I've not personally used him but looking over posts he's made on here he certainly knows his stuff regarding the oddities of Clio wiring.
Thanks for getting back! No, stripped out the cockpit. Light is doing various things, but before starting is solid red. Traced the wiring back, checked as much as possible. Also replaced ECU etc. Armed turns over twice, unarmed 5-7 times. Confirmed no spark. No petrol pump hum either.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Thanks in advance.
Hey Steven, I have seen you’ve sent a message in to our website. I’m away with the family until Monday, so please don’t think I’m ignoring you.

Reactions: Gus
  Clio 172 Cup
No worries - Birchdown have a good reputation on here.

Some cars need the clocks plugged in to make ecu and immobiliser happy - not saying thats the case
Hey Steven, I have seen you’ve sent a message in to our website. I’m away with the family until Monday, so please don’t think
Hey Steven, I have seen you’ve sent a message in to our website. I’m away with the family until Monday, so please don’t think I’m ignoring you.
Thanks! Look forward to hearing from you. Car is essentially a bright blue paperweight at the moment. :)