ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wiring Loom ?

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
what signs would show that this has failed ?

and how much should i expect to pay do get replaced ?

cheers

LY 182
thats just about the most vague question i've ever heard in my life (you realise if you stretched the "wiring loom" out you could probably wrap it round johnny vegas 1000 times.

what part of wiring loom are we talking, engine, dash, rear, upper, door?

lets scrap that question and tell me what the symptoms with your car are?

LY 182
and the only time (this is the one thing that genuinely anoys me about main dealers) that you would change a complete wiring loom is if its melted beyond recognition ie engine fire..

9times out of 10 you get a wire, a few wires broken/dry joints etc which you trace and repair

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
^ thats what im looking for thanks .... havin issues with renault and their giving me this after first telling me it was an accelerator pedal fault.

i believe it to a problem with the coil pack

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
2005 182. 47k

in limp mode, occasionally free revving up to 3k while idling.
has a light on on the dash board, a box with a squigly line through it which i believe to be an 'electrical fault' light.

LY 182
throttle body.

in my experiance, the "glowplug" light as i call it is as you say an electrical fault indicator.. and from my own findings messing about with unplugging things that light only comes on when theres a fault with one of the upper sensors if you like ie the ones on the plenham.

so map sensor, air temp, throttle body. i think the throttle pedal is included in that lot too..

if its not missfiring at all it wont be coilpack...

best bet is to get it plugged in OR take a punt and see if you can borrow a mates throttle body

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
cheers, thanks for that.

ive had it plugged in twice but renault dont know their arse from their elbow.

ill give the throttle body a go first n see where to go from there. anyway of testing it without using another throttle body ?

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I'm having the exact same problems. Had two throttle bodies and coil pack replaced to no avail. Renault keep plugging it in and keep changing the same parts. Does anyone have any other ideas as it's getting expensive and annoying? Thanks.

PS, checked map sensor, and after a clean it seems fine but slowly gets covered in oil that is collecting in the air box. Renault have said this is caused by the problem and not the cause of the problem.