ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wobbly mirror glass

BG 182 FF
Anyone else have this problem, the glass in the wing mirrors wobbles about a fair bit when the car is going anything over about 40 (and the drivers side one rattles like a b*tch too.

Is it just a case of taking them off and maybe packing them out a bit?

i have the problem of my rear view mirror vibrating lots when doing arround 70mph, its that bad at times that i cannot see through it. is it like this for all clios?

Focus RS + S3
yeah i have this too, only since some pr1ck swiped my mirror off and had to replace the glass :(

Clio 182 - 147 GTA
Mine are the same, drivers side wobbles away over about 20mph, it's a bit of a pain...

Any ideas? Anyone investigated it on their clio?

Jap Box
My drivers side one is now dropping and moving while driving, noticed it earlier when it decided it wanted to point downwards at about 70mph. Need new glass or a whole mirror?

Clio & Volvo V70 T5
I got a wobbly mirror when I changed the broken glass for a new one. As I prized the old one off the backing plate pulled the part of the mirror body that moves forwards so that when I clipped the new glass in it was wobbly. I have improved it by taking the glass off again & putting insulation tape around the edge of the circular guide to stiffen it up. It's still not as good as it should be, but better than before.

Clio & Volvo V70 T5
Recently improved this a lot. There is a white plastic clip which slots over a semi circular black piece of plastic between the motors. I pulled this forward & packed it with insulating tape. I think it is meant to be a tight fit, but had got loose, it needs to move for adjustment yet be tight enough to not wobble.