ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wonder wheels!!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
yeah i use wonder wheels. quite good but strong. die from the fumes after i put it on too.

Clio Cup
Is viro-sol acidic, the ingredients are -

Nitrilotriacetate Trisodium Salt 10-20%
Surfactants 10-20%
Sodium Citrate 1-5%
Orange Terpenes 1-5%
Water Balance
Dye Trace

Its also sold more expensively under the name of MC2 multiclean I think.

tiTTy & SV650
Richy123 said:

Surfactants 10-20%
Sodium Citrate 1-5%
Orange Terpenes 1-5%
Water Balance
Dye Trace

Nitrilotriacetate trisodium is the salt of triacetic acid
Sodium citrate is the sodium salt of citric acid.

but when its all blended up who knows, defo got acidic contents anyway. Just got to make sure to rinse very thoroughly with clean water after use

54 astravan 1.7tdci
FredYozzasport said:
used it on my tailpipes!!! works a treat!!!

took the paint off my alloys, but hey ho! lol!!!!
take it it dont like powdercoating then! i haven't dared try it on mine, just use a strong shampoo mix spray that on then wash like normal.

Lionel Richie
pete savill said:
take it it dont like powdercoating then! i haven't dared try it on mine, just use a strong shampoo mix spray that on then wash like normal.

no these are the factory original V6 wheels, the paint on them is shocking

hence why i tried it

you could poor anything on powdercoated wheels and you'll be hard pushed to damage it

172/182/proper cup wheels are shite paint finishes too, cup turinis are the worst for the paint bubbling and then failing off

3 MPS, MX5
Richy123 said:

Surfactants 10-20%
Sodium Citrate 1-5%
Orange Terpenes 1-5%
Water Balance
Dye Trace

Lot of controversy about MC2 a couple of years back on www.boxa.net when the Wax Wizard was rebranding Virosol as his own mixture "MC2":dapprove:

He was a supposed high-end valeter and said he regularly valeted JKay's cars and an authourized dealer of Swissol. He at the time was offering members a group buy deal for valeting so I got him to do my Porsche and Audi at the same time for I think £300 which included 5 litres of MC2 and 5 litres of shampoo which I can't remember the name,but both of these were rebranded by him and selling them at £25 a gallon instead of less than £10 for the original stuff:mad:

Saying all that, he did do a good job on my cars but I felt along with others a bit cheated.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• 550 polished1-1024.jpg
    550 polished1-1024.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 80
  3 MPS, MX5
FredYozzasport said:
used it on my tailpipes!!! works a treat!!!

took the paint off my alloys, but hey ho! lol!!!!

Fred, Is Wonder Wheels ok as long as you thoroughly rinse off afterwards?

I always use Virosol in unconcentrated from everytime I wash the car but sometimes its not quite enough, so I bought some wonder wheels the other day as a more aggresive cleaner for getting rid of brake dust but haven't actually used it yet.

Clio Cup
18ME said:
Lot of controversy about MC2 a couple of years back on www.boxa.net when the Wax Wizard was rebranding Virosol as his own mixture "MC2":dapprove:

He was a supposed high-end valeter and said he regularly valeted JKay's cars and an authourized dealer of Swissol. He at the time was offering members a group buy deal for valeting so I got him to do my Porsche and Audi at the same time for I think £300 which included 5 litres of MC2 and 5 litres of shampoo which I can't remember the name,but both of these were rebranded by him and selling them at £25 a gallon instead of less than £10 for the original stuff:mad:

Saying all that, he did do a good job on my cars but I felt along with others a bit cheated.

attachment.jpg

I heard something similar from a seat owner. Flipping heck though 5 litres of virosol is £4.99 probably work out cheaper if you buy the 25 litre drum of it. Its also excellent for cleaning round the house.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Don't get it on any cuts on your fingers either, I had to just dunk my hands in cold water for ages after to sooth them...

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
i just use a turle wax wheel cleaner, seems okay so far...anyone had any bad experiences of it?