ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wonky Glovebox Lid!!!!!!!

172 & Golf GTI on order!

Is it me or have all clios got wonky glovebox lids. The righthand side top corner has a much bigger gap than the left. Its one of those really annoying little F@*k ups that I notice everytime I get in mine and I know at least 3 other local clios with the same problem.
Suppose thats french build quality for you!!

Maffy:(

2.0 175dci rs meggy

there is a fix for that if you wish to take it into your reno dealer!!!

if not do it yourself - which is to pull the cap down off of the bottom left hand side of the dash to reveal a 13mm nut, remove this nut, you will need another 16mm nut (i think) about 8-10mm thick, pull the bottom of the dash towards you and where the stud is that the original nut came off and fit the 16mm nut over the stud. thne push the dash back and refit the 13mm nut and tighten, refit dash cap. and that should fix it!!

if not PM me back!

reagrds

james rich

Octy vRS & Ninja 650

Defo gona have a go tomorrow then, thats been annoying me for ages? Any tips on getting rid of the noisy creaking sunroof as well? Its so loud!

Also does anyone else get a noise like a Cricket making that high pitched noise? Cant work out where its coming from, could be from back but it echoes off my windscreen!

172 & Golf GTI on order!

On the topic of annoying things mine makes this really weird ticking/crackling sound from the middle section of the exhaust when Ive been out
Is this normal?

Maffy

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

NO! There is a possibility it may explode!!!

haha soz couldnt resist! Dont worry mate, its normal....just the exhaust cooling down and contracting.

Shhh

To avoid the sunroof creak, dont have a sunroof.

My old clio had the glovebox problem, but the one in the showroom never, so i played hell with renault for months till they replaced it, and it was still the same afterwards. I said, if that one does not have it, then i expect mine not too have it either...!

That car is now sold...the new car has the same problem, and more..

2.0 175dci rs meggy

Any tips on getting rid of the noisy creaking sunroof as well? Its so loud!
this can be sorted aswell if you visit your local dealer - the noise is traced to incorrect postioning of the frame against the roof panel and a roof cross member missing a piece of rubber stripping!

Tried the fix and still no joy, i guess ill just have to live with it or drill the rivets out and have a proper go :eek:

fat 182

learn to live with it i have it gives it a bit of charcter

after all it is a french car and not one of the master race brands;)