ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wont go over 3k revs, no warning lights on

don't
Hey,
I have a 56 plate Suzuki swift sport (under warranty for another 5 months).

Have posted on a suzuki website but they're not as active as this one so I'm hoping someones had a similar issue with a clio.

I filled up with petrol on Wednesday and since then the car seems to be holding back.
I don't know if it's related really or not, have rang Tesco and they said they haven't had any complaints. Receipt shows I definately filled up with unleaded.
Has got progressively worse over the last 2 days and today it just wouldn't go above 3000 rpm.

Managed to get it home ok and there are no warning lights on at all.
The 1st day it happened I went to pull into the fast lane and go above 60mph and there was just no extra power there to accelerate.
Strangely enough, after crawling home using 3k revs I go into 2nd gear and tried to put my foot down, car accelerated up to 4000 revs in 2nd gear with no problems.

I believe if it was in limp mode it wouldn't have allowed that.

Probably not related, there's been a rattle from my exhaust for a little while, took it to Suzuki who said it was just a heat shield loose, they tightened it and it was fine for a few days then started to rattle again.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Dave

192'd BG 182 FF
May not be of any help but i had this exact problem with my clio a while back. Turns out i had kicked the cable at the top of the throttle pedal and it had come loose. Just took it out and cleaned it while the car was off and then it was fine. Hope you get it sorted mate!

don't
Suzuki forum seem to suggest that my Cat is probably blocked, would explain the exhaust rattles over the last month

No doubt if it is that it wont be covered by warranty

WRX
I had a similar thing with my last car, was the cat. You might be able to hear a whistling/sucking sound too. It drove as though it was on three cylinders.

don't
Had a quick look this morning, no obvious signs of problems around the Maf or the wiring.
Drove round my estate and it performed completely as normal, I guess until the gas builds up there wouldn't be a problem.
Stopped on the drive and had a look underneath, rattle appeared to be coming from the 2nd Cat.
The cat covered by the silver heatshield in this pic, my cat doesn't have the heatshield on it as I imagine Suzuki took it off a few weeks back when I had them look at it.
Kwik fit have said they can't do a test on the cat, they only do visual checks.
Sooo, I'll ring Suzuki tomorrow and see what they have to say
$T2eC16R,!yUE9s6NFHziBP9COi7d(g~~60_12.jpg

don't
Suzuki have just came back to me
2nd cat has broken up.
My local Suzuki have rang to check if it's covered under warranty and been told that it's not.
Car is a 56 plate on 47k miles
Looks like my warranty book does say Catalytic converters are not included in the cover

don't
It's the 2nd cat so apparently it doesn't do anything in regards to an MOT pass anyway, problem is it's hardly driveable