ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WOOHOO WILLWOODS UNDER MY 15's

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Put the new willwoods on the hub last nite and my speedline 2118's and 2021's fit over ! mint!

15's and 4 pots... the best of both worlds!

Turbo Beige
Wait until you have used them, then say the same thing.

My compbrake didn't catch when just the wheel was on the hub, soon as the load of the car was put on them they started to catch the wheel weights, then under braking the mounts were flexing catching the wheels.

Mk2 172
Willwoods calipers twist under pressure. same as hi spec etc. APs are about the only ones that dont. you may find they do rub for that reason. youll also never get a completely solid pedal! ap is the only way forward.

Mk2 172
ap's are indeed very very good!! one of the best!! but u pay a lot more form them

True yes but you get what you pay for. if your after a top quality caliper that wont give you the twisting or expanding problem and can get a lovely solid pedal feel then ap is the only way to go. their not that expensive. you can get a pair of 4 pot calipers for about 500 quid.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i can't see them twisting. there the drop forged Midilite ally ones and there soooo thick.

Well im not having it that they twist more than standard anyways LOL

I have had Willwood superlights on my Mk 1 for years and they have had much more punishment then they would on the road or on a circuit and have had few problems with them.

Actually had to replace both a year ago; not the fault of the calliper though, more the fact that when the wheel got ripped off behind some armco it broke the casting.

Use hubs and rotors from rally design, have had a couple warp and one break violently under heavy braking (although it was well worn).

As for pads, off the top of my head I think I have used Hawk, Mintex, Ferodo and Willwood. All were fine, and I couldnt really say much to differentiate between them.

TBH they have stood up extremely well to the punishment they get, and am most likely going to go for Willwoods on my new car, although probably with 1 piece discs